Clutch System on 27 Essex (pictures or drawings of parts)

simsrr27
simsrr27 Member
edited April 2015 in HUDSON
The clutch plate on my 27 Essex was sent off and re-corked.  I put this all together and haven't been able to get it adjusted so it won't slip.  Any measurements, pictures or drawings or advice would certainly be appreciated. 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited April 2015
    Welcome to the HET Open Forum!

We've made you a full member of this forum, and you can now post comments or questions under any category on the Open Forum.

Be aware that the Open Forum is part of the H-E-T Club website, which has a number of features, such as a photo gallery, separate Forum for Club members, and an extensive downloadable technical library of Hudson manuals, which may cover your clutch question.  You can see the drop-down menu categories at the very top of your screen.  To use many of these, you need to register for the website itself -- either as a full member (which you can do if you are a member of the H-E-T Club) or as a free "limited member" of the website.

"Limited members" have partial use of all the bells and whistles, full members have total use.  I believe you can get access to the 1926 shop manual, and the 1927 shop manual supplement (no separate 1927 manual was published), in the "Library" menu.  Just click on "Alex Burr's site" after clicking Library.  Then select the year range of Hudson, then look through several pages of shop and parts manuals.

(By the way, when you signed up to use the Open Forum, it merely entitles you to use the Open Forum itself, not the rest of the website)
  • Thanks, Jon B.  I found the parts list I needed for My 1927 Essex.  Now if I can just find that retainer for the throw-out bearing.
  • I brazed the retainer as Geoff had advised, made sure I had the right amount of oil in the clutch and adjusted best as I could.  Put it all together and works fine.  Thanks!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    If you run out of adjustment, it can be the fork bent.   This is quite malleable, and can be bent back in to shape.   
This discussion has been closed.