Kingpins

Does anyone know of somewhere to get a kingpin kit for a 55 wasp that's not $400? Or a set that'll work?

Comments

• Quadster
    Quadster Expert Adviser
    Randy Maas sells them for $140

Here's his link

http://21stcenturyhudson.net/products2.htm
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    rmoore,
    I don't believe you'll find that there are no parts interchangeable between the usual Hudson kingpin sets and the "Hash" Wasp (like Maas may have, but I'll let him speak for himself) . If you found a new set for the '55 for $400 and you need it, I'd recommend grabbing it before it gets away.
    F
    I believe the Hash Wasp used a similar design as Nash but, from what I see in my manuals, may not be identical to the Nash. This isn't the case with the senior 5,6,7 models. I think they share the same set-up as the earlier cars. Someone will correct me if I'm in err.
    F
  • I've found a set for $100 from 2040-parts.com
    Great! I stand erected. I guess I give up too easily. I'll be checking into 2040 asap, just to see what they are about. More info is good.
    Frank

• 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    I'm with Ken-U above.  The 55,56 & 57 Wasps & Hornets used the same identical frontend set-up as the Nash.  Lets face it Guys, they were face-lifted Nashes.  I've never understood how king pins for the '48 thru '54 Hudson step-downs could fit the 55-56 & 57 Hudsons
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    They obviously had a large supply of components that had to be used up, so  they went to Kenosha.  Unlike ealrier models where they just used them up on export models.  My '53 Hornet (r.h.d.) still has the single lever transmission.
This discussion has been closed.