1946 hood emblem surround

I need one of these for my 1946 pickup. The one on my truck when I got
it was broken.  I just need the surround, but I'll consider an entire surround emblem assembly.  Any leads appreciated. My email in the club roster is
incorrect. S/b 308hornet@gmail.com 
Thanks,
Rick

Comments

• If anyone else has a spare after big boy finds one I also need one or just the inside lens. I need one for my resto mod
  • Here is what the piece looks like.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Hello,
    If you havent found one yet I may have one or so with some pits, but not cracked....
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    tractor-

If you need just the insert, Wildrick Rubber Parts carries those.  
  • I have neither but as I was explaining to Lee last week as they filled in the holes I may insert the plastic piece but get rid of the surround.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Be careful, because I believe there is a very similar one for the later model Hudsons.  Looks the same from a distance (or on an Ebay listing) but then you find it doesn't fit!
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

I think the 46 and 47 surrounds are different. I believe the 47 insert is the same as 48/49 ,

but the 46 is by itself. Wait for verification.

• RL Chilton
    I thought '46 and '47 were the same, but the ones that are slightly different that Jon mentions is the later '55-'56.  
  • The surround on the 47 is larger.  There is a frill added to the top. Here is a 47.
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Here is a picture of the 46 surround.The 46 does not have the eyebrow above it as some call it.image
  • RL Chilton
    I, of course was referring to the emblem, not the surrounds.  '47 is obviously larger.  
  • BigBoy
    BigBoy Member
    edited March 2015
    Comparison of my broken '46 surround with a good '47 surround. 
    imageimageimage
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    The black medallion for years 1946 thu 1949 are all the same.  The surround pieces are different for each '46, '47 and '48-49 inclusive.
  • Ol racer just posted 3 surrounds for sale.  Two are for 1947, and one is 48-49.  Again, I'm only interested in getting a correct 1946 surround, which was one year only.  The number cast on the back under the left screw is 208754.  Under the right screw hole, the number is 7071.  Any leads would be appreciated.

• I have finally gotten a 1946 surround.  It needs rechroming, but isn't broken. 
    :D
  • RL Chilton
    Good, Rick.  Perseverance goes a long way restoring Hudsons!  :)>-
  • Russell, I think that you and that ragtop epitomize perserverance.  I'm just getting started.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.