Merry Christmas

hudsontechhudsontech Posts: 4,606Senior Contributor
To my Hudson family the cat and I wish y'all a very Merry Christmas and the absolute best of the coming new year!!  We got a little early Christmas present here in Memphis - a Kroger gas station was down th $1.97/9.  And that was before the 3 cent a gallon discount!!!!  Now if I just had the money to fill my tank!!

Hudsonly,
Alex Burr
Memphis, TN
Joy To The World.jpg
1522 x 2114 - 887K

Comments

• rambos_riderambos_ride Posts: 3,186Senior Contributor

Merry Christmas Alex - and Everyone Else - Here's to hoping 2015 is better than this years been!

• RL ChiltonRL Chilton Posts: 5,131Administrator, Moderator
    There are some places in the country where gas was selling as low as $1.95.  That means everyone can afford to put gas in their Hudsons.  (At least I won't hear that excuse for a while).

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • GeoffGeoff Posts: 3,616Senior Contributor
    Wow, we are still paying the equivalent of U.S.$5.67  per U.S. Gallon.   Last time the international crude oil price was this low we were paying $4.87 equivalent.  Oil companies bleat they aren't making any profit on gasoline.  Yeah right!
  • Huddy42Huddy42 Posts: 1,224Senior Contributor

We have low fuel prices here in Sydney, down to $1.13 per litre, not bad seeing it is holiday season.Was  $1.47 a few weeks ago.

Wishing you all the best Alex for Christmas  and a happy new year, from all of us Down Under.

• barrysweet52barrysweet52 Posts: 448Expert Adviser
    Also $1.13 a litre in South Australia till early Jan when it will probably go back to $1.50 a litre.
  • PaulButlerPaulButler Posts: 842Administrator
    And a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and the cat Alex!

In the UK we are paying around $7.98 a gallon ; it's meant to drop in the New Year to around the equivalent of $4.50 ; we'll see.

As Geoff says the oil companies are bleating about falling profits as well over  ; I have to echo his "Yeah Right" as well :)
  • railknightrailknight Posts: 311Expert Adviser
    edited December 2014

We've been down this road before with low oil prices.  All it takes is an incident in the Middle East or an explosion at an oil refinery somewhere and they'll be right back where they were 6 months ago.

Alex, thanks for the Christmas greetings from you and your cat!  Great kitty photo!  All the same to you and the rest of us Hudsonites,

Dan

P.S. $2.09 a gallon here at the Speedway in Palatine, IL (Chicago area). 

• Nevada HudsonNevada Hudson Posts: 1,247Senior Contributor
    Merry Christmas, Alex! Fuel here in Northern Nevada is $2.30. Diesel is still $3-and up.
  • Terraplane33Terraplane33 Posts: 271Expert Adviser
    Merry Christmas to all HET friends, I wish you all many safe miles in your favorite car and a perfect health !
    Fuel is currently 6$/g diesel about 20%less here in France, it has been worse a few weeks back.
  • Kevin_ChKevin_Ch Posts: 12Expert Adviser
    Merry Christmas to all.  Regular gas (89 octane) is $1.05 per gallon in our little part of South America.
  • SamJSamJ Posts: 1,391Senior Contributor
    Wow, we are still paying the equivalent of U.S.$5.67  per U.S. Gallon.   Last time the international crude oil price was this low we were paying $4.87 equivalent.  Oil companies bleat they aren't making any profit on gasoline.  Yeah right!
    Geoff: I paid .50USD a liter here last week. This is good...low out-of-pocket costs. Not so good: New Mexico is an oil and gas producing State, and the State government gets a lot of money in taxes, fees, leases, etc. from the oil industry, which offsets program costs and personal income tax increases. The State was down 6 millionUSD for this quarter. So, there's a yin and yang...

In the UK we are paying around $7.98 a gallon ; it's meant to drop in the New Year to around the equivalent of $4.50 ; we'll see.

As Geoff says the oil companies are bleating about falling profits as well over  ; I have to echo his "Yeah Right" as well :)
    If my math is correct, .50USD a liter is 2.25USD for an Imperial Gallon. That would be about 3.50 pounds per gallon. I'm surprised that you are paying more than twice that.

• ESSX28-1ESSX28-1 Posts: 1,351Senior Contributor
    Gov't taxes take the majority of money paid for gas/petrol. No matter what country you live in!!
  • GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 1,757Expert Adviser
    May the Peace of Christ visit each of you and your families. My prayer is that Health and Happiness are the gifts you receive. Merry Christmas

If my math is correct, .50USD a liter is 2.25USD for an Imperial Gallon. That would be about 3.50 pounds per gallon. I'm surprised that you are paying more than twice that.

My math is not correct: 1.44 pounds per Imperial gallon.
  • hudsontechhudsontech Posts: 4,606Senior Contributor
    edited December 2014
    According to the Google Santa Tracker the jolly gentleman has cleared the far east - I think this includes New Zealand and Australia - and has cleared the far east, Africa, Russia and all of Europe. It appears he has cleared the east coat of South America, far eastern Canada with a short jaunt into southern Greenland and just arrived in Grand Falls, Windsor in eastern Canada.  Next stop Labrador City. 
    He has delivered 5,695,441,900 gifts and counting. 
    And the secret is out - how does Santa cram all those gifts in that little sleigh.  Well, at the North Pole they have a machine that condenses the gifts into very, very small bits.  About the size of a dot (.) - each dot has a code that identifies the gift and who it is going to and where that child is.  When Santa delivers the gift (s) an elf that is traveling with him sprinkles the dot with a powder called Elf Dust - sort of like Fairy Dust.  When the Elf Dust comes in contact with the dot it expands into the correct size and Santa places it under the Christmas tree.

Hudsonly,
    Alex B
  • jjbubaboyjjbubaboy Posts: 816Senior Contributor
    Go Santa GO!
    Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Hudsonly New Year!
  • SuperDaveSuperDave Posts: 3,363Senior Contributor

Well Santa made it to Florida.. Musta had wheels on his sleigh.. or pontoons,depending on which part of the state .

MERRY CHRISTMAS To MY HUDSON FAMILY!

• BrowniepetersenBrowniepetersen Posts: 3,045Senior Contributor

The "Jolly ol Elf" stopped by here in Utah last night and left us with four inches of snow.  First snow of the season and it really feels like Christmas.

Gas in town is $2.97 a gallon--some much for being a State that produces and refines its own gas?  Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

• RL ChiltonRL Chilton Posts: 5,131Administrator, Moderator
    Oh, and do be careful what you wish for.  Years ago, whenever someone asked me what I wanted for Christmas, my answer was always the same, "I want a Hudson full of cash".  One year, my family thought they were pretty clever and got me a small matchbox-sized Doc Hudson and stuffed a dollar bill into the interior.  I have to admit, it IS what I wished for, but the ensuing party was a little less than what I had hoped for!  May you all get that Hudson gift you hoped for.   :D
  • hudsontechhudsontech Posts: 4,606Senior Contributor
    Santa missed my house last night - I've looked all over the place and haven't found what I asked him for. :((  I could understand if I'd asked for a Hudson convertible - but all I asked for was a new computer!!! Ah well, we'll wait for our tax refund check in February and hope this crock keeps going for another month.
    Lost a file in one of the programs I use for my scanning (Picture it 7.0 for pictures, etc) so that doesn't work.  Have some straight text stuff to scan which I can do with my OCR program.
    Hope everybody's having a great Christmas day. Oh, before I get off this soap box I do have a Christmas story to relate.  Yesterday I was at a local Kroger buying my room-mate a Swiss Chocolate bar so she'd have something for Christmas (she's estranged from her family).  As I was counting out the loose change in my pocket to pay for the chocolate bar ($1.96) somebody behind me said "Put that on my bill!!"  It was a young African-American man and he wanted to pay for my purchase.  With all the discontent and rioting going on across the river in Missouri I thought that was quite interesting.,  But, then, Memphis is one crazy town. I told him I would pass along his generosity to someone else down the line.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • bartibog1bartibog1 Posts: 283Expert Adviser

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all Hudson People world wide.

We got 2 Gifts this year with gas being in the .95 cent range p/l here in eastern  Canada

and # 2 our grand daughter developed Leukima in June of this year and has been in hospital since/She received a bone marrow transplant in Sept at Sick kids hospital in Toronto {thank God for the donor}

It has worked and we expect her to be released from IWK hospital in Halifax NS the first week of Jan 2015

Happy New Year from Dieppe NB

• KdancyKdancy Posts: 2,367Senior Contributor
    Very good news and a great way to start out the new year!
  • keithfullmeryahoocomkeithfullmeryahoocom Posts: 373Expert Adviser
    Really good news.   Puts a lot of worries in prospective.   Happy New Year!...k