Aluminum Stepdown Gastanks from Boyd Welding

GrimGreaser
GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
edited September 2014 in Parts & Pieces
Hi Fellas,

Boyd Welding in Florida has given me a decent price on a Hudson gas tank that I have designed.  Fuel tanks are one of their specialties, and I found their website while searching for parts to modify a polytank to fit our cars, http://www.fueltankparts.com/ .  Anyway, I saw they did custom tanks so I sent off a drawing to see what they could do.  The inlet would use some 2in fuel hose and the stock tank neck cut off or a new one made up.

$425 for the tank you see below, uses the standard Hudson sender:

I also inquired about prices for a multiple order, they offered the following:
5% off for order of 5
15% for 10
20% for 20

To get the discount they all have to be ordered at the same time and be the exact same tank.

If you want to see the drawing, please send me a message.  Any suggestions, please offer those too - this was a quick design on a Saturday morning addressing some issues I had with the Hudson tank.

and just FYI, I don't have a specific timeframe for my order.

*I have no affiliation with Boyd Welding other than wanting one of their tanks*

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited September 2014
    I'm happy to hear that someone has moved ahead on this project!  This isn't much more than it would cost to have the old one professionally cut open, cleaned, welded back together and then coated inside & out. 

Before placing your order you might want to announce this in the classifieds of the WTN, where there is at least as large an audience as here on the Forum.  I believe the ad deadline is October 1. 

It would behoove everyone if you were able to wait until you had at 10 or even 20 orders, because the more who order, the lower the cost.  If you got 20 people (as I understand it) that brings the cost per unit down to $340 which is "Chevrolet territory".  Even if you only got 10 to agree to order, it's $383.  So, do advertise this in the WTN as well as here (and I see you've already mentioned it on the other Hudson Forum as well).
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Grim, Any progress on the tanks?
    I live about 1.5 hours from their shop.
This discussion has been closed.