Bell crank stud

snowshoe90aolcom
snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser
edited August 2014 in HUDSON
Are there different diameter throttle bell crank bolts on a 308? My bell crank now seems sloppier than it did with the single two-barrel carb.  Terry

Comments

• snowshoe90aolcom
    I must add that everything was changed...including the bell crank....which I took off a parts car. The original linkage and bell crank for the single carb have been sold so I don't have the chance to swap them out to see if one is better than the other.  Terry
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The bell crank shaft that screws into the block is the same for the different combinations of throttle linkage.  They like most other metal on metal surfaces will wear and it will become obvious on either end of the bearing surface if they are worn.   Most of the "sloppiness" that is found in throttle linkage can be worked out through careful adjustment of the linkage.  If indeed the shaft is really worn. If it were mine, I would contact someone like Lance Walker or Roger Tallent and obtain an replacement
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    Thanks Oldfarmer- I was pretty sure that would be the answer, but I had to ask. The shaft appears to be good, it's the bell crank that has the wear. I've adjusted the linkage to be sure....the only adjustment I'm not totally sure of is the vertical rod from the bell crank to the top of the engine. It has a spring pre-load adjustment on it that has me scratching my head.   Terry
This discussion has been closed.