Where to get repair panels for 1933 hudson 2 door sedan?

[Deleted User]
edited July 2014 in Street Rods
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I don't know of anyone reproducing them (especially for the 1933 Hudson, for which only 20 or so cars remain).  You're probably going to have to find a good body man.  There is always the chance that someone might have a parts car from which he could cut them.  You might leaf through the WTN (assuming you're in the Club) and find some Hudson vendors who sell used parts, then shoot them an e-mail.  Be sure to identify precisely which lower panels you're looking for.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    And even then, they will most likely have to be reproduced if you want them back to original.  
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    Do you have any numbers off a firewall plate of found on the frame or axels.   My hunch would be you have a '33 Essex-Terraplane and not a '33 Hudson.   What is the approximate wheelbase?    
    Windshield frame available from North Carolina Enterprises.  Looks like you need one.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Yes, please check the serial number.  It would be good for the fellow who keeps track of the remaining 1933's, to add your car to the list -- even if you plan to street rod it.  If it's a "Hudson" and not an "Essex Terraplane", you have a very rare car indeed.  Probably no more than 20 are still known to exist.  If it's the Terraplane, then there are more of them around....though it's still relatively rare.

The "go-to" guy for 1933 Hudson information is Ed Souers, as noted above.  Here is his webpage: http://www.hudsonmotorcarcompany.com/home.html and there's some contact information there.  Ed's more into the "restoration" rather than the street rodding, but I'm sure he'd be interested in what parts you had to offer, and might be able to offer some advice and maybe even parts.  Right now, though, he may already be at the National Meet in Indiana.

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2014
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2014
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    In the 1930's Hudson would stamp the number on the frame, on the passenger side of the car, up near where the front axle passes beneath.  Not sure whether it was on top or outside of the frame.  In the late 20's they'd stamp it on the rear spring mount, passenger side I think, which was usually visible from behind the car, in the area behind the rear fender.

Ed Souers would know for sure.

• StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    Sorry, NC Industries (not Enterprises)

http://www.windshieldframes.com/Products/

My '34 Terra frame number (which is same as car serial number) is at the rear attachment of the right front spring.   I think '33 is same.
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    I note that the panel in front of the door has no hole for the sidelight mounting. So that is an indication this body may be an Essex Terraplane.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited July 2014

A 1933 Hudson

A 1933 Terraplane

This discussion has been closed.