40'S HUDSON TRUCK GAS TANK WANTED

PAULARGETYPE
PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
edited June 2014 in Parts & Pieces
HI I'M TRYING TO HELP OUT A FRIEND WHO HAS A REAL NICE TRUCK THAT IS IN NEED OF A GOOD GAS TANK HE PLANS ON HAVING IT DONE UP BY  RENEWED SO IT COULD HAVE A LEAK BUT HE'S LOOKING FOR A GOOD TANK 

Comments

• 12BoltTom
    12BoltTom Senior Contributor
    My truck has a 38 ford car tank
  • PAULARGETYPE
    TOM DID IT BOLT UP FAIRLY EASY I KNOW I'M GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE SOME MODS TO IT ?
  • 12BoltTom
    12BoltTom Senior Contributor
    I will get pics
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

I installed an late '80'3/early 90's Camaro tank in my Truck. It was new at Swap Meet and got a deal but didnt know if would work..
    Suprisingly, it fit up nicely, but had to cut off the Camaro fill pipe, then install a short pc connector hose to extend a pipe up into the fender hole....
  • PAULARGETYPE
    CHUCK WHAT YEAR CAMARO ??  THANKS LOOK FORWARD TO SEE THANKS TO BOTH OF YOPU 

• Ol racer
    edited June 2014
    Paul,
     The Camaro Tank was brand new setting at Pitts Parts Rama Swap Meet..The guy removed it from a new Camaro they made into a Stock Car installing a Fuel Cell. Now that I give it more thought, I believe it was around 1995 They may have had the tank in their garage for a few Yrs though.... I even utilized the Straps that came with it in my '47 Pickup.
    The Fill pipe had the wrong twist so I cut it off  then put a short hose to connect another pipe up to the left side...

(A connector hose is no problem since all Ford Pickups I had for many Yrs had a hose connecting 2 pcs of fill pipe up to the fender).......
  • PAULARGETYPE
    THANKS CHUCK
  • Ol racer
    Tank gets even better,,, I forgot to mention that I removed the Camaro 'In Tank' Electric fuel pump in practically the same location as Hudson Sender, then installed a Universal Float from JC Whitney (at that time), However, now days I know 'someone' that sells Floats. Tank looks like it came in the Trk.....Suggest looking at used tank in Yard, rinse and modify a bit and ready to go....
  • i used a 95 G10 Chevy Van tank. The stock fill neck worked perfect,and fits awesome
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Can a picture be posted showing the filler neck connection using one of the above tanks?
This discussion has been closed.