55 Hudson Headlight Bucket

drewchoisser
drewchoisser Member
edited June 2014 in Parts & Pieces
I am looking for all the mounting hardware for my Hornet. I have the passenger side, however the driver side is missing. Anyone know of a solution or where I can get these parts. I was thinking about buying 50s Chevy headlight buckets and converting both buckets.

Thank you for the help guys!
Drew :-/

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I cannot believe that you'll have to resort to cobbling them from Brand-X's. 

One way to find these is the tried and true method of making a list of your needs and e-mailing it to some of the many Hudson parts vendors who advertise in the WTN.  I wouldn't be terribly surprised if you even found an NOS one!

Remember, there are a pretty large number of Hudson enthusiasts who are not online, and who won't see your message here.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    edited May 2014
    DREW I GET THESE FROM TIME TO TIME WHEN I BUY 567 HUDSON CARS  TO PART OUT I LOOKED TODAY AND SAD TO SAY I DON'T HAVE ANY AT THIS TIME BUT I'LL KEEP MY EYE OUT FOR THEM I DO HAVE THE CHROME AROUND THE PARKING LIGHT LENS AND THE LENS ALSO THAT ARE NOS
  • Jon,

I am trying my best to stay away from using anything other than the OEM parts for this. I am on the hunt for original Hudson parts; frankly the thought of cobbling this old beauty doesn't appeal to me at all. I bought this car to restore it back as original as possible and I am still in the research stage. I appreciate the tip on many guys aren't on here that may have parts. I am still so new that I don't have the luxury with contacts; except you guys.

Paul,

Thank you for helping with my search. The chrome you are talking about in the rear is for the taillights? I thought those were like a chromed plastic material. 

Again thank you guys!

Drew
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    I'M TALKING ABOUT THE FRONT PARKING LIGHTS 
  • Oh!!! Mine are rusted horribly (LOL I guess you saw that in the picture). I will shoot you an email about that.
  • hoggyrubber
    hoggyrubber Expert Adviser
    i think i have those parts if you are still interested. i moved the box with that stuff in it yesterday. let me know. i parted out a 55 Hudson last year.
  • hoggyrubber
    hoggyrubber Expert Adviser
    here is a picture of the headlights and parts.
  • "A" and "F" Hold the Headlight Right? I have "B-E" (THANKFULLY) LOL. What is you asking price for those two parts?

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you,
    Drew
This discussion has been closed.