1925 Hudson part wanted...

54SuperWasp
54SuperWasp Expert Adviser
edited June 2014 in Parts & Pieces

Hi Guys, just got this e-mail from a member in England looking for a part. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Michel

1925 Hudson Speed Six Phaeton 7. Serial Number 628025

Dear Michel,

Do you know where I might find any replacement rear mudguards for the above vehicle.

I was going to get one remade but it occurred to me the club may have a source. I am looking for the RHS rear.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

John Beacroft

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    I MADE MINE WHEN I RESTORED ''BABY''
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    What is Johns email address? Person here has a set for sale here in South Australia. 
  • 54SuperWasp
    Hi Barry,
    just sent you a private message. Hope you got it. Thanks a lot, Michel

@Paul,; Hi Paul, any difficulty to replicate it? I know he was intended to do that if he cannot find them.
                 See you at the Eastern or the International. Michel
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Paul I think he is refering to what we call "fenders".
  • 54SuperWasp
    @SuperDave; You might be right. Sometimes we don't have the same word for the same item. For example, in french, we use frequently a correct french six letter word that is pronounced the same way as an english four letter word that is not correct in english. And it does not designate the same animal...And I'll stop right here,,,Michel
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Michel - having lived in Maine for many years I have had numerous contact with French speaking people. Words can be confusing at time (in English as well as French).  I remember a tourist from Quebec trying to get directions to somewhere from me.  I said "you want to go to..............." - he replied "Oui, Oui" - I thought he needed a mens room.  :D
    And when one gets into the Quebec French vs France French - don't even go there.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Bur
    Memphis, TN
  • 54SuperWasp
    Got it! That's a good one!Thanks Alex. Michel
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    We call them mudguards, you guys who speak a funny language call them fenders.just like we call boots and you call them trunks. Hope that makes sense to you guys.lol
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
     And make sure the bonnet is closed properly. 
  • Do you still have the 1925 Hudson?  I am looking for a nice picture of the Serial plate on this year Hudson and information on where it is located.  I have the title a car of that year but no serial number plate and I am wanting to get one reproduced.  If you or any other forum member could help me out that would be great.

This discussion has been closed.