Looking for a '37 212 distributor IGW 4013A

Splitwindow
Splitwindow Member
edited May 2014 in Parts & Pieces
Need a '37 212 distributor (IGW 4013A), mine is shot. Good to go or rebuildable is what I need. Thanks!

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    Would a 212 distributor from a 46-7 work for you? I have a 37 but it's been stripped down to the core.:(  The 46-7 one needs rebuilding but is decent.
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    Starting in 1940, Hudson moved the distributor on the 212 engine to the top and rear of the block so I don't think the '46- '47 dist will do him any good on a '37 engine
  • I'm new to Hudsons so i'll have to take your word on that 53jetman!

What I do know for sure is that mine is so bad its rusting into parts and I need a replacement before its dust.

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    What is the number on the distributor?
  • Can't tell, the tag crumbled into two un-readable bits...
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    From the 30-39 parts book,

Models 70,71,78 should be IGW 4012A
    Models 72 and 73 IGW 4013A

Don't know what the difference is unless related to 72-73 having voltage regulators for the Gen. and
    the others having a cut out relay.

"Ric"
  • Thats a start, thanks!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    There's one on Ebay right now but it's for a 1939 six;  sure looks like the one in my '37.  A bit pricey at $65, and that's for a "core" only.  Probably one of the Hudson vendors who advertise in the WTN, have an old one kicking around and for much less -- you might try contacting some of them.

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
     Any distributor from '34 to '39 incl. will do the job. 
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Geoff, what differentiates the different models, then?
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    There are slight differences in cam angle and degree advance, but they will all fit in the hole and  spread the sparks around. 
This discussion has been closed.