Anyone got a 308 for sale

Aaron D. IL
Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
edited April 2014 in Parts & Pieces
Hey Guys I'm posting on behalf of a Chicago-Milwaukee chapter member who is in the market for a '51-'54 308 with stick/overdrive trans and standard carburetor.  A '54 308 would be ideal preferably one that doesn't need a complete overhaul to run.  If one of you rodders out there is parting with a good one in favor of a V8 that would probably be great.  He wants to put it in his '47 Hudson rather than rebuild his original 212 6cyl.  Please respond back with details and I'll get the information back to the buyer/chapter member.

Hudsonly,

Aaron D.   EMAIL:  hudnut19@gmail.com

Comments

• Hi Aaron,

I am sending you a private message.

Thanks!
    Scott

• Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    I'll gladly take the 212. We just spent a sunny afternoon in Western Wa, driving ours. What a sweetheart.
    F
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    AARON HAVE YOU FREND CALL ME I HAVE A 262 AND A 308 THAT ARE GOOD ENGINES I ALSO HAVE A SINGLE LEAVER OVERDRIVE THAT WILL BOLT RIGHT UP TO HIS TRUCK 
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    Thanks all for the responses I forwarded them to the chapter member.  Point well taken about the 262 Ken.  I imagine a 1954 262 Standard trans with OD and single WDG carb would work just as well as the famed 308.  I heard some guys in the club say they liked the 262 better.  I think the '54 262 had almost as much HP as the first Hornet motor in 1951 did without Twin H. 
  • HUDSONBROTHER1
    HUDSONBROTHER1 Expert Adviser
    Aaron I have had a 53 Wasp 262 in my 46 super six Brougham since the early 1980s.It has a 3spd overdrive with twin H , 7 X block relief ,long tube headers ,dual exhaust. The car runs great and has surprised some people with small v 8 s
     The nice thing about the 262 is it does not have heating problems and will get between 18 to 22 mpg on the road. 262s are a great motor in these cars. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.