HUDSON TAPERED AXLE BEARINGS

PAULARGETYPE
PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
edited May 2014 in Parts & Pieces
I HAVE FOUND A BEARING HOUSE THAT HAS AROUND 100 25877T AXEL BEARINGS I CAN BUY THEM FOR $30 EACH I WAS GOING TO ORDER 10 BUT THE GUY WILL NOT SELL THEM FOR $30 10 AT A TIME HE WANTS THEM ALL GONE IN ONE BUY SO WHO WANTS IN ON THE DEAL I'LL BUY THEM AND WHO EVER WANTS IN MUST TELL ME BEFORE WHAT WILLYOU BUY HOW MANY DO YOU WANT THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN FAST SO EMAIL ME I NEED YOUR FULL NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE #  HOW MANY YOU WANT CONTACT ME AT XXXHUDSON1957@AOL.COM DROP THE XXX FROM MY E MAIL ADDRESS WITH POSTAGE I'M THINKING AROUND $33 OR $34EACH DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR

Comments

• Just sent you an e-mail, Thanks
  • StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    If you tell us what ALL years and models they fit you might get more response.  At that price every owner should be putting at least one on their shelf even if their car doesn't require it at the moment.
  • BillUSN1
    BillUSN1 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm new to Hudson so I'm still learning.
    Thanks to Alex, I found the shop manuals and parts guides.
    So Here is what I found.
    In the 48-49 parts guide it shows part number 71956 which shows the bearing number as 25877T.

Now the 48-54 parts guide shows the axle was changed after 52. The early axle is identified by an H and list the same part number as the 48-49.
    So My thinking says the 25877T bearing is for the 48-52 axle with the H style differential.

Given all the remarks I have found and heard about the rear axle bearings being made of unobtanium......I have already sent my email to get on the list.
    There wasn't any mention of the bearing race, so hopefully those will become available for a complete set.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    This is going to drive down the price of Hudson tapered rear axle wheel bearings at Hudson meets where parts are being sold like the Nationals!
  • Here's my question.....
    What's the difference in the 25877-T and the 25877 that is avail everywhere?

They both appear to use the same bearing cup that is still avail online.
    So I assume the difference would be in the inner dia or width at the inner dia?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited April 2014
    Bill, I believe the 25877 is not tapered.  Many have purchased them and then realized their mistake!

"The 'T' is the key!"
  • BillUSN1
    BillUSN1 Member
    edited April 2014
    Jon,

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Surely someone has bought the 25877, they are on ebay for $12.

When I look up the 25877 and I look in the Hudson parts manual, they both show the same part number for the race/cup-25820.

Which tells me the OD/taper is the same. So there must be a difference in the ID or the width of the ID?
    So the big question is, what makes the 25877 not fit?
    It may be that the ID actually has a taper on it also?

Sorry if were going off topic with the original discussion.
    I'll do another search here and see if I can dig something up.
    Thanks.
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    I seem to remember a previous post explaining the difference. Been along time. Don't know how to find it.

Lee O'Dell
  • Thanks Ken.

Makes sense.

I did read some old post talking about it being a press fit but not really a press fit.

The taper explains that.
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    The "T" indicates a 1 in 12 taper in the bore. They are NOT to be pressed on as it may explode. Yes the cups are the same . That part of the bearing doesn't care what the bore is. You will find that there are two cups, a 25820 and 25821 (I think). They are interchangeable in the Hudson application. The difference is the radius on the outside edge and, since nothing touches that part on a Hudson, it makes no difference.
    The 15125T Rr whl brg for the Jets is the same situation.
    F
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    Can someone please help, do these fit pre-war cars and if so, back to what year?
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    Right.....the 25877-T application begins with the '36 Hudson and Terraplane, but doesn't apply to the lesser models like Traveler. Not for 40P/T, 10T/P, 20T/P. Those use a similar but smaller version, a 2581-T.
    Frank
  • PAULARGETYPE
    JUST A UPDATE I HAVE ORDERED 1 25877T BEARING AND IT SHOULD GET HERE ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY WHEN I'M SURE THAT WHAT THEY SAY THEY IS CORRECT THEN I WILL LET EVERY ONE KNOW JUST HOW TO ORDER  I'M TRYING TO GET A BETTER DEAL BUT NOT SURE IF THAT WILL HAPPEN OR NOT BUT I'M GOING TO TRY UP DATE MONDAY OR TUESDAY AT THE LATESET 
  • Thanks Paul.
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    Thank you Paul.
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser

Paul

Any update?

• PAULARGETYPE
    HI GUYS
           I HAVE BEEN BUSY!!!

THEY ARE WHAT THE MAN SAID THEY ARE SO NOW I NEED YOUR MONEY AND WE WILL ALL HAVE BEARINGS  IN A FEW WEEKS SO I WILL ORDER THEM IN 10 DAYS FROM TODAY IF I HAVE YOUR CHECK YOU WILL GET AS MANY BEARINGS AS YOU HAVE PAID FOR AS SOON AS THEY COME IN I WILL MAIL THEM OUT TO ALL WHO HAVE PAID I WILL NOT ORDER BEARINGS THAT ARE NOT PAID FOR I WILL BE SENDING ALL WHO SENT ME A EMAIL THIS MESSAGE I WILL ORDER THEM ON MAY 1 
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Wow! Cool. Nice work Paul
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    Paul,
    Will thebearings fit a 35 Terraplane?
  • PAULARGETYPE
    HI
    GUYS

I HAVE BEEN BUSY!!! JUST A FEW ANSWERS 1ST YES THEY HAVE BEEN HARD TO GET
    FOR YEARS AND THEY WILL FIT HUDSON CARS FROM 1936 TO EARLY 1952 THEY WILL NOT
    FIT THE DANA REAR END AXELS   $33 EACH THAT IS WITH POSTAGE BIG ORDERS LESS ON
    SHIPPING OVER SEAS I WILL QUOTE POSTAGE

THEY
    ARE WHAT THE MAN SAID THEY ARE
     SO NOW I NEED YOUR MONEY AND WE WILL ALL
    HAVE BEARINGS  IN A FEW WEEKS SO I WILL ORDER THEM IN 10 DAYS FROM TODAY IF I
    HAVE YOUR CHECK YOU WILL GET AS MANY BEARINGS AS YOU HAVE PAID FOR AS SOON AS
    THEY COME IN I WILL MAIL THEM OUT TO ALL WHO HAVE PAID I WILL NOT ORDER BEARINGS
    THAT ARE NOT PAID FOR I WILL BE SENDING ALL WHO SENT ME A EMAIL THIS MESSAGE I
    WILL ORDER THEM ON MAY 1

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THESE CALL ME 412-462-TWO058
    HOME CELL 412-85FIVE-6337

HUDSONLY

PAULARGETYPE

EMAIL ME WITH YOUR REAL NAME ADDRESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS AND HOW MANY WHAT YOU WANT SO I CAN GET A TALLY
    MY EMAIL XXXHUDSON1957@AOL.COM

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
     They will not fit a 1935 Terraplane
  • PAULARGETYPE
    SORRY NO GEOFF 36 TO EARLY 52 NO DANA REARENDED CARS 
  • BillUSN1
    BillUSN1 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just wanted to follow up and say thank you Paul.
    Got the bearings in the mail today. and spares on the shelf.
    Thanks for passing this along. It's obvious you care about the Hudson community.
    I was already looking at differentials to swap in if my bearings were bad.
    Now I can keep the original diff, for now!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Got mine today too, Paul!  Thanks for supervising this project and getting us all a great deal!  With all of "your new" bearings now in circulation, those of us who bought them are not only able to keep our own cars running, but we are in a position to help fellow Hudsonites without "spares", should their bearings fail.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    I HAVE HAD A FEW GUYS SEND ME A MESSAGE FROM THE HUDSON CLUBS SITE I HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING HOW TO GET A HOLD OF YOU AT THIS POINT I HAVE BOUGHT AND SHIPPED 85 BEARINGS WITH THE LAST ORDER TODAYOF OF 65 I THINK THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE HAVE BUT THEY ARE DOING ONE LAST SEARCH TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE LEFT I TOLD THEM TODAY WE WILL TAKE THEM ALL I STILL HAVE ROOM FOR A FEW MORE WHO WANT IN ON THIS GREAT DEAL 

KDANCY I NEED YOU TO SEND  ME A EMAIL TO MY EMAIL FROM YOUR EMAIL NOT THE HUDSON CLUBS
  • PAULARGETYPE
    I ALSO NEED Splitwindow TO SEND ME A EMAIL NOT FROM THE CLUB SITE
    I NEED TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR REQUEST SO PLEASE SEND ME A EMAIL FROM YOUR EMAIL MY EMAIL IS XXXHUDSON1957@AOL.COM  DROP THE XXX FROM THE EMAIL ADDRESS :-)
  • davegnh
    davegnh Expert Adviser
    Paul, I didn't order any but want to thank you for your generosity.  You helped a lot of people--
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    Got mine last night, Paul- many thanks! Only minor complaint is that the crossword puzzle in the packing newspaper was already done- but it did have some comics that I haven't seen in awhile. I thought Mary Worth had passed away decades ago. . .
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited May 2014
    Mary Worth -- DEAD? -- oh, no, say it ain't SO!

• PAULARGETYPE
    MIKE SO SORRY ABOUT THE CROSS WORD  
    THAT WOULD BE MY WIFE STEFI YOU KNOW THE SHIPPER WHILE I WAS BOXING THINGS UP SHE WAS STAYING 
    BUSY LOL 

AND WELL WITH THE HELP OF MARY WORTH LOL 

I HAVE NOW SHIPPED OVER 100 BEARINGS WITH MORE ON ORDER THE BEARING HOUSE HAVE FOUND SOME MORE STOCK AT ANOTHER SITE AND ARE BRINGING THEM IN FOR US SO I SHOULD BEABLE TO TAKE CARE OF EVERY ONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO PUT A SPAIR ON THE SHELF 
This discussion has been closed.