Vintage Hudson Racer reincarnated

Ol racer
Ol racer Senior Contributor
edited April 2014 in Street Rods
FYI
 This Guy in Upstate NY is a regular Winning Racer that ran this Hornet Jet pictured yrs ago and building a modified Hornet Motor for the MVSCC and the  Northeast Vintage Modified Clubs that really mix it up on the Tracks in a regular Series. He's armed with a lot of modified parts & Information now and will be sending updates as he swaps out the V8 !!!
Jet.JPG 29.6K
Leo.JPG 112.1K

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Very cool Ol Racer!  Look forward to future posts!  Has the gentleman joined the forum?
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    No not even in the HET Club yet but I gave him a WTN Magazine and the Info that really interested him...I'll send him this Forum Link soon. He has Hudsons setting on his farm and raced them in the past. I understand there is a Class forming for small V8's and big 6's........
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    will be nice to see the updates
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Chuck , please PM me with contact info for this racer. Plan to be in NY in a few months would like to connect personnally with him then. Thanks
  • maasfhcenturylinknet
    maasfhcenturylinknet Senior Contributor
    The racer contacted me today about his plans and seems very excited to know about the parts that are available to him.  Told him i'd help him any way i can.  He's out to lead the pack

Randy
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    One of our own, Buddy Bardwell over in NH, ran a 1934 Ford chassis and body with a 308 in it for a number of years on dirt tracks all over the northeast.  Billy was an HET member for many years and a member of the New England Chapter.  Seems to me I heard was currently in a nursing home, if he's even still alive. 
    He brought the race car to one of our New England Chapter meets - fortunately there weren't to many neighbors near enough as Buddy fired that thing off - Lordy, those unmuffled 308's are loud!!!

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
This discussion has been closed.