How to post a discussion or reply to an existing one.

TO START A DISCUSSION:

1. You must be signed into the forum.

2. To start a discussion, you must be within the particular sub-forum where you wish to post the discussion (like "Hudson", "Parts & Pieces", etc.)

3. Left-click on the NEW DISCUSSION button.

4. In the box that opens, fill in your DISCUSSION TITLE. Be specific. Don't say ,"need advice". Instead, say (for example) "Marvel Carburetor Problem". This will attract the readers who can help you.

5. Type your remarks in the "Type your message" window.

6. Insert photos if desired. See https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/169414/how-to-post-pictures#latest

7. Click on POST DISCUSSION to post your discussion.

8. Once you've posted the discussion, you can always click Edit Left-click on the little gear image, to the right of your topic's title, then left-click EDIT in the window that opens. You can NOT delete a post (starting a thread, or replying to one) once posted.  You can ask your nearest friendly moderator to do so for you!

TO COMMENT ON AN EXISTING DISCUSSION

1. You must be signed into the Forum.

2. Open the discussion you wish to reply to.

3. Place your remarks in the TYPE YOUR COMMENT window at the bottom of the webpage.

4. Add an image if desired. See https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/169414/how-to-post-pictures#latest

5. Click on POST DISCUSSION to post your discussion.

6. Once you've posted the discussion, you can always click Edit Left-click on the little gear image, to the right of your topic's title, then left-click EDIT in the window that opens. You can NOT delete a post (starting a thread, or replying to one) once posted.  You can ask your nearest friendly moderator to do so for you!

Comments

• DavidC
    DavidC Senior Contributor
    Please help, now I'm not seeing any 'write comment' box when I try to start a new discussion!

Hudsonly,
    Dave
  • I would add to right click and copy everything you just typed before hitting preview or post. "If" you did not click the "<>" reveal code button on the tool bar first or the "write comment" button that is above the tool bar, then all text will disappear and you will have the red band stating a body of the msg is required. Which you just typed and lost.
    BTDT got the T-shirt about 5 times already. I'm a slow learner.
  • bartibog1
    bartibog1 Expert Adviser
    TRYING TO POST NEW DISCUSSION AND WHEN I TRY TO POST GET BODY IS REQUIRED
    some one polease help have tried all the suggestions
    Steve
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Steve, did you see the discussion labeled "WYSIWYG Issue (?) - "Body is Required" ", under the "Instructions and Tips" category?
This discussion has been closed.