Nice Resto '46 Commodore for sale

Comments

• faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    I've seen that one before. Didn't the owner have a truck with matching paint scheme?
  • Classy? Surely you people are kidding?
  • faustmb
    Rick, I was thinking the same thing. It has to be the same car.
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    WHOA!!! A TAD PRICEY DONTCHA THIK.........SOMEONE BEEN WATCHING TOO MUCH BARRETT AND JACKSON
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    edited February 2014
    Arkie, I guess you'd be seriously puzzled to see how much attention our unmodified '47 C8 sedan gets at local cruise-ins. A lot of interest and complimentary remarks.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    It goes without saying Park, that your car is the much better looking car.
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    I would love to own that car but price seems a little high. I don't doubt that the owner may have that much into it. But I've seen Series 75 Cadillac 7 passenger sedans of the same vintage listed for sale for a lot less than they're asking.... and those are cars with a top luxury pedigree. Guess I'll just keep plugging away at my own
    47 C8.
  • You might also like.........

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4311076895.html

Not! There will always be those who just don't get it......
    F
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    The craigslist one you posted Frank is not even a Commodore.
  • I didn't go to the weebly place to look at more details but, aside from the rear window stainless, It has almost all Commodore trim. The only thing I see missing is the hood script declaring Super or Commodore. The s/n would tell but I don't care enough to find it. If it's not a C'dore then he sure went to a lot of trouble to make us think it is.
    IMO, they're both dreaming.
    F
  • faustmb
    Park, your 47 is georgeous! I was glad to see it at Pigeon Forge this year. My 46 C8 will never look that nice but it gives me something to shoot for:)
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    All you have to do is look at Ebay to see a long list of cars that are not selling. Perhaps this is good news to those who love these cars. It means that we get to keep and love the cars that we have.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I'm getting the impression that some of you aren't familiar with high quality street rod prices. And I mean sale prices, not asking prices. Based on what I've seen, the price on this one at R-K Motors doesn't seem out of line at all.
  • Well, I'm getting the impression that some of you have totally lost your minds! Of course your unmodified car gets lots of attention. That's the point in the first place. That ill figured and malformed custom isn't even a Hudson any more. If the price is so good and you're so turned, then you probably ought to go buy the thing
  • mdwhit
    mdwhit Expert Adviser
    Couldn't agree more...Arkie
This discussion has been closed.