TBI

Ol racer
Ol racer Senior Contributor
edited January 2014 in Street Rods
FYI

Progress on my Winter project of adapting a Throttle Body Injection set-up for my Hornet Motor. I converted a Hudson aluminum intake rather than using Clifford's 4Bbl because of its shorter curved runners. I removed all of the internal restrictions then installed a 'divider' to aid airflow fore & aft.....I have a formula for gas or menthanol, which the latter I understand will be the most responsive & easist tuning. An advantage with this set-up it only has one huge butterfly to synchronize,...

(Idle hands are the devils workshop)

Comments

• GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    What ecu do you plan on using. I have plans to setup a Mega Squirt system with either a GM tbi or Ford 6 efi system. I have the hardware for either.
  • Ol racer
    edited January 2014
    FYI
    This Unit is mechanical race only using a belt driven pump & metering valve. However, Ive tinkered with the idea of utilizing a GM 6 cyl TBI Unit with a Chevy 6 HEI DistributorTriggering the Unit since the Chevy 6 distributor can be easily adapted to the Hudson Block by lengthening the shaft. In fact, Ron Fellows (the Clutch guy in Tx) sells new Chevy 6 HEI distributor's that he modify's to drop into a Hudson..I dont know about using a Ford 6 though...
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    I thought it looked like a mechanical... Commented from my phone first and the picture didn't show up.

I really would've loved to get Ron's HEI distributor, but I don't have the budget for it. I do have a reworked Chrysler distributor to trigger my HEI module though.

The Ford 6 system would need injector ports drilled into the manifold and an adapter made to fit the Ford throttle body. Not to hard to do, but the GM Tbi is nice since it's just about everything in one package - regulator, return and injectors.
    Have any more aluminum manifolds you'd be willing to share? I :)
  • Ol racer
    I dont have anymore Intakes but there out there. I suggest Posting a query for one. You can go to a Salvage Yard and buy a Chevy 6 Distributor then lengthen the shaft by having an adaptor made to join the Hudson shaft by sawing off the Chevy gear. I locked the advance plate solid.
This discussion has been closed.