FINALLY - NOV 6TH!

rambos_riderambos_ride Posts: 3,186Senior Contributor
edited November 2012 in OFF TOPIC
No matter what side you fall on, tomorrow is a big day day for this country's future...easily the biggest, most important election in my 50 year lifetime.

Whom ever wins the election, the country I love and grew up in will not survive its current coarse of debt and deficit spending thats gone on under both party rule the last 15-20 years, especially the last 4-12 years!

For those who believe in divine providence - pray for your Country to find the right path!

Stand and be heard...VOTE!

Comments

• GlowplugGlowplug Posts: 1,757Expert Adviser
    Amen!
  • hoggyrubberhoggyrubber Posts: 596Expert Adviser
    "pray for your Country to find the right path"
    now that's something we can all agree with!
  • BrowniepetersenBrowniepetersen Posts: 3,045Senior Contributor
    It will be nice to get back to normal. What ever normal is? Hopefully, it will all be over before I go to bed.... Clear and warm out here today, good day to drive to the polls.
  • I dont think there is much hope , the same fools that put him in office are still here. Dead folks have been voting in droves the last few months by mail ,everyone knows it but cant stop it,
    Roger
  • 54SuperWasp54SuperWasp Posts: 649Expert Adviser
    As a Canadian, I just wish the best for all of you. When business is good on your side, it is usualy good on ours. 80% of our commercial deals are done with the USA. My thoughts are with you guys. Michel
  • jjbubaboyjjbubaboy Posts: 816Senior Contributor
    Not only praying for the right path, but like the little girl shown here on the news as she was crying and she said "I am tired of hearing about Barock Obama and Mitt Romney" and just wanted it to stop.
    Just too much.
    Jeff
  • Just think of what could have been done with all the money spent on those ads . My mail box has been over flowing for weeks now . Not just the presidential stuff every local guy seems to have endless money to spend now,
    Roger
  • jjbubaboyjjbubaboy Posts: 816Senior Contributor
    Sure could of fed, housed and clothed a lot of people. Now that would have made a statement~and maybe they would have been able to vote as well....
    Jeff
    There is no joy in Mudville....
  • The people have spoken!
    They want four more years of "Problem A" instead of "Problem B"!!! LOL

Kevin C.
  • PAULARGETYPEPAULARGETYPE Posts: 1,760Senior Contributor
    edited November 2012
    MOST OF US LIVE IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH I THANK GOD FOR THAT EVERY DAY I'M NOT MUCH ON POLITICS NO MATTER WHO WONS ( I DID VOTE ) IT DOESN'T REALY MATTER AS LONG AS THE BIG WIGS IN CONGRESS THE DEMS IN ONE BODY AND THE REPLUBS IN THE OTHER AND THE DEMS RULLING THE WHITE HOUSE DON'T ALL SEE THINGS THE SAME WAY WE HAVE GRID LOCK AND THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE THESE GUYS HAVE TO GET THERE HEADS OUT OF THERE BUTTS AND WORK ON GETTING ALONG TO BRING GOOD JOBS BACK TO THE USA AND GET THINGS MADE HERE RATHER THAN IN CHINA

THERE SHOUD BE A AMMENDMENT SAYING IF THERE IS NOT A BALANCED BUDGET ANY ONE IN OFFICE CAN NOT RUN AGAIN FOR ANY OFFICE
  • tigermothtigermoth Posts: 411Expert Adviser
    we have a bain capital owned company shutting down in my back yard right now. the last two years they generated RECORD profits....apparently that is not good enough for bain capital as they are shutting it down and sending the jobs to china.
    in regard to the balance budget amendment..i am all for paying for what you do..but there would have to be exceptions for war and perhaps other things i am not smart enough to know about...and once you start with the exceptions...it gets complicated.
    i like old cars way better than politics..in old car conversations you never have anyone referring to over half of this great country's population as "fools"...
  • Look to the stock market for an indication of whats going on. There is a reason it crashed the day after the election ,and its not Greece as the media wants to spin it. Bussiness folks know the they have little time left before Obama taxs them out of existance,
    Roger
  • tigermothtigermoth Posts: 411Expert Adviser
    edited November 2012
    as i said, i like talking old cars where no one refers to over 1/2 of any population in this great country as fools. i saw what the market was when the last guy left the office..even with this drop it is DOUBLE what it was when the last guy left office. funny i don't recall your posts when at the end of the last guys term we were losing 710,000 good jobs per month...or reading your outrage when we went from a budget surplus to doubling the national debt like the last guy did. the country has been here for 200 years, i have a lot of faith in our form of government and my fellow countrymen. we'll be here long after i am gone.
    as i said..i like talking old cars WAY better than the rest of this stuff...regards, tom
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    Yes - very true Tom . I was surprised to see someone start a political commentary on here in the first place. Guess I just had to add my $.05 ,
    Roger
  • rambos_riderambos_ride Posts: 3,186Senior Contributor
    LOL - its the "Off Topic" area - perfect place for political commentary ;)

My Beef is not with one party..but BOTH.

in the Last 12 years NEITHER party has done zippo about the debt and spending...unfortunately the producers/earners of this country will have to pay..meaning less money available for our hobbies and personal interests- like working on our Hudsons.

I put no faith in a single man or political party...my only hope was a drastic change in direction and the guy currently in the whitehouse isn't going to budge from the trajectory we're on.
    Can we get back to talking cars.... I am trying not to get "ticked" off?
  • I just cant imagine whats going to happen in January when the tax cuts run out and the spending cuts are forced upon them.
    The sides are basicly the same and they couldnt settle on it before. Anything they do is going to be bad. If they raise tax's it will stop the economy . If they cut any entiltment's there will be riots . I f they cut the military back anymore Im not sure what that could cause,
    Roger
  • 35 Terraplane35 Terraplane Posts: 211Senior Contributor
    For me hearing the comments on the political situation is just a reinforcement of democracy. As I learned it, democracy is living in a country were its legal to wonder aloud what the country would be like under first class management.