found another 28 down under

essexcoupe3131
essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Went into Harris racing today, to talk to them about weighting, up the coupe on the 4 corners, as I believe the springs on the rear are to strong and making the old girl bouncy around corners and over dips in the road, which I am booked into to do next Saturday, while I was there a younger guy comes out and cant believe there's an Essex at the company and starts telling me about this 28 sedan (that's what he thinks it is) that he has brought home from Canterbury plains, and his ambitions for it, he showed me a picture that he had on his phone, told him to look at the right rear spring hanger to see the number, is that correct? this has no badges on the fire wall, so Icould check out those numbers

he is going to put a Lexus V8 in it and some of the other gear,

It is a total chassis up rebuild required and lot of the timber work in the roof is pretty much totally gone, missing a surround and other bits and pieces, I have prompted him to pop into this forum and to contact the HET club in NZ

His friend that was with him was telling me about other stuff that was there including another Essex chassis and a chassis that the rails were in a triangle shape and was fitted with a 4 cylinder engine with lots of other bits and pieces

I have asked him to email me all the pics that he had and we might be able to identify them, wound be interested in knowing what sort of chassis had this triangle chassis he said it was really old

As I went to leave this guy came up admiring it and proceeds to start telling me about this Erskine coupe he is building up and had for years

and is hoping its going to come up like mine

All in all a very interesting morning

Mike
This discussion has been closed.