Great Hudson Day

kamzack
kamzack Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I made a trip down to Franklin,Tn to visit my oldest daughter and see the new grandson. On the way back I stopped at Larry Kennedy's place to pick up some parts I needed. I got to see the 49 Commodore I used to own and see and touch a small portion of a great collection of Hudsons and Mopars. Larry is a very kind and gracious person and patient about answering the same question more than once. He's more than typical of Hudson folk and has always been at the other end of the phone to walk me through a problem or answer a dumb question.

Then I found my way to Dr. Doug's place. I got an education at both places and don't know which I enjoyed more. I'm convinced there isn't much of anything the Doctor doesn't know about our cars. Doug is one of small number of people that have taken a mechanical gift and fine tuned it to Hudson perfection. So many folk that have a gift wizz it away. He's taken a talent and love for a car make and turned to into a fun livelihood. I'd say he has a recession resistant vocation and he's having a ball doing it. You see that when you spend time around him. I tried to keep my mouth shut so I could absorb as much as I could. Nearly every Hudson around his place has a very intererting story. I especially enjoyed his telling me about the two deadbeats that thought they were gonna steal a few engine blocks, back when scrap was high, from along side his shop. With pistol in hand, he ran em off.

Thanks Doug

Thanks Larry

I had a great day and thanks for sharing your time with me.

Kim
This discussion has been closed.