65 Buick Skylark Conv 4 Sale

Unknown
edited November -1 in Swapmeets
This is my boys first car, drove it all thru high school / college /and a few years after, have owned it for 30 some years. It now needs to go,too many projects . By it's history you know this is not a show car but could once again be a rare daily driver , in all the years we've had it have never seen another around here . I rebuilt the 350 Chev engine in it and was driven less than 500 mile when parked . I put some gas in it the other day and it started instantly , has a 3 speed auto trans , new Goodyear Eagles . Needs front and rear floor pans you can make, some body work/paint / upholstery [ this is an easy one, did it myself back when he was in school in red crushed velvet, IT WAS SHARP !! ] and a new top-=-exhaust system and of course the little tinkering around all guys do to kinda personalize their car. Email HolmesViolins@Insightbb.com if interested

Comments

• Sounds like a cool car. Seems a shame to get rid of an original owned car man.

Any pics? I know a couple of Buick guys and will ask.

Ron
  • YEAH RON , I really hate to see it go, lots of memories in this old car , but it's one of those situations where something has to give . Too many cars,not enough room in the garage or yard , can't afford to rent/buy more space for either of us . Just got back from a week end trip and found out my deceased neices son wants it . He's got 2-3 more yrs before he can get a DR. license . His grandparents are raiseing him so I better wait to see what Grampa has to say about this before I go any further. Grampa's name happens to be RON also, and he's got the know how to revive it, has some nice old cars of his own he has rebuilt . If Grampa says OK that's where it's going . BUD
  • I think that that would be a super situation Bud. It's like it's still in the family at least and you could possibly ride in it again like the old days.

I hope that it all works out great and it brings a youngster into the hobby.

Hope all goes well.

Ron
  • OK, the 65 Skylark convert now has a new home where I'm sure it will stay a long time and be well treated and enjoyed and I can request a ride any time . When word got out I was selling it they kept me busy on the phone , this thing is well known around here but I did'nt know there were so many waiting for a chance to buy it . BUD
This discussion has been closed.