Hudsons at LA Roadster Show

Lee ODell
Lee ODell Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
My son Rick took me to the Los Angeles Roadster Show at the Pomona Fair Grounds on Saturday. It was raining most of the way there form Burbank but stopped just before we got there. By then it was late, about 11 am. Went through most of the swap meet area and only saw one Hudson item, an air cleaner for a step down. They wanted $60 for it. The car show in the outer area was for any vehicle pre 1972, I think. Lots of nice cars. Some were good deals, price wise, and others were over priced. That sounds familiar. I did see three Hudsons. One was Craig Kistler's 1947 Hudson Coupe. Another, I think, was a radical customized 1939 Hudson Coupe. I would have missed it if it weren't for Rick pointintg it out to me. The last one I saw was parked among the dragsters display. It was a heavily modified 1947 Hudson Pickup, deisel powered Bonneville Salt Flat race truck. It even had Bill Albright's business name painted on the side of the pickup bed. The inside show area was reserved for roadsters, race cars, and vendor displays. By the time we started through the vendor area it was late, about 4:30 pm and most were closed up for the day. As we walked back to our car through the roadster area most of the roadster owners had gone home. But there were still alot of them on display. Even if we got there when it opened we would be hard pressed to see it all. Had a great time. Lee
This discussion has been closed.