Hudson in the movies

Lee ODell
Lee ODell Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Was watching a movie on TV this afternoon called A Home of Our Own w/ Kathy Bates. I saw a couple of shots with a Hudson step down and another one with what I thought was a 55 Hudson. Lee

Comments

• I was paid over $400.00 from the film company for using my black 1954 Hornet coupe in "A Home of Our Own with Kathy Batres" but never saw my Hudson in the film. This movie was filmed in Heber City, Utah.
  • Lee ODell
    Another Hudson stepdown in a movie today on TV today. The movie was "The Houston Story" with Gene Barry and Barbara Hale.
  • glens46golden wrote:
    I was paid over $400.00 from the film company for using my black 1954 Hornet coupe in "A Home of Our Own with Kathy Batres" but never saw my Hudson in the film. This movie was filmed in Heber City, Utah.

Glen, would there be any chance of getting you to email me a couple pictures of your '54 Coupe?

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of doing my '54 coupe up in black too, but not sure if I'd like the finished product or not when its done. Pretty expensive mistake, I'd say, if I don't, so want to be reasonably sure before proceeding.

Posting them here would be OK too, but I like really biiiig pictures, so maybe posting them to www.hudsoncollector.com would work too --- and I'll link them up here for all to enjoy if that's ok.

Thanks,

Ryan (silverone).
  • oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    One very interested Hudson sighting in a movie was in a WW 2 story, starring William Holden, & based on actual fact, called "The Counterfeit Traitor". At the end of the movie he returns to Sweden after escaping from Germany & an old friend picks him up in a long w.b. '38 Hudson sedan. As I recall it was filmed on location & that part in Sweden.
  • I understand a 1935 Terraplane will be featured in an upcoming movie about John Dillinger in July entitled "Public Enemies" featuring Johnny Depp in the lead role.

See the link below for an article about the car.....

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=182336&src=143
  • oldhudsons
    that's great! Went to the movies a few days ago & saw "trailer" for the Dillinger-based movie so know it's release is imminent but didn't see that car.

Dillinger had several '33 T8s & drove a '34 Hudson to Tucson where he was captured then extradited to Indiana followed by his famous escape from the Crown Point jail using a fake gun!

One of his '33 T8s, formerly owned by an HET member in Colo., is now in a museum in the Wash. D. C. area with Chicago police bullet hole in the cowl!

If interested in Dillinger & that era of U.S. history, suggest you read "The Dillinger Days" by John Toland.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Yep, too cool. I'm a big-time movie fan, so can't wait to see that one on the big screen!
  • Looking forward to this movie also; Anything with a Hudson in it is always worth seeing!

The movie "Cars" definitely brought a lot of exposure to Hudson for people who were not even aware of it's history.

Hopefully, more movies like this will keep the great Hudson name in the spotlight so more and more folks will realize how awesome these cars were and continue to be!
  • silverone wrote:
    Glen, would there be any chance of getting you to email me a couple pictures of your '54 Coupe?

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of doing my '54 coupe up in black too, but not sure if I'd like the finished product or not when its done. Pretty expensive mistake, I'd say, if I don't, so want to be reasonably sure before proceeding.

Posting them here would be OK too, but I like really biiiig pictures, so maybe posting them to www.hudsoncollector.com would work too --- and I'll link them up here for all to enjoy if that's ok.

Thanks,

Ryan (silverone).
    Silverone,

Sorry, I don't have the 54 coupe anymore. I sold it to Randy Maas. It was a nice car with an original blue interior.
  • glens46golden wrote:
    Silverone,

Sorry, I don't have the 54 coupe anymore. I sold it to Randy Maas. It was a nice car with an original blue interior.

Oh, ok, but thanks anyway !

Randy -- do you still have the car, -- and is it still black?

Any chance of a picture if you do ? You don't see many of these in black, unless I've been attending the wrong gatherings :)

silverone.

Here's the only picture I have of a black one.
  • Have Done Over A Ddozen Movies With My Hudsons Over The Years. The Most Exposure Was The Two Jakes With Jack Nickolson, Had 5 Cars In That One, He Drove My 50pacemaker Conv Thruout The Whole Movie, Note One Scene Were Visor Was Removed And Next Scene It Was Back On They Had Pulled It To Do Some Thru The Windshield Shots. A Lot Of Fun Bill Albright
  • oldhudsons
    Hudson's most famous movie "outing" was in the classic "Grapes of Wrath" starring Henry Fonda with numerous scenes of the overloaded '20s Super Six moving the family from Okla. to Calif.
  • silverone wrote:
    Oh, ok, but thanks anyway !

Randy -- do you still have the car, -- and is it still black?

Any chance of a picture if you do ? You don't see many of these in black, unless I've been attending the wrong gatherings :)

silverone.

Here's the only picture I have of a black one.

Black is a nice color on these. I had to decide between a 2008 BMW crimson red or black. I decided to go with the red. I'm sure I'll be happy with it either way.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    I took two cars to a movie about Jack Korac titled the last time I committed sucide. It featured Keana Reaves. My 51 never made it in the movie. Steven Key was the director and loved the car so he paid me $100 a day just to have photo's taken by his still photographer. My 32 (sorry it was a Chev coupe) made it into one shot with me driving it through an intersection. Total for the week of fun--They paid me just over $1,200. (in todays money that would have bought my set of six Coker tires.) The film was made on the famed 25th Street in Ogden, Utah...:):)
  • Lee ODell
    DaveFury wrote:

Dave, thanks for sharing your picture collection with us. I enjoyed brousing through them. Brought back wonderful memories of Laural and Hardy movies and others I enjoyed watching on TV back in the 50's. How were you able to collect so many of them? Lee
  • Lee O'Dell wrote:
    Dave, thanks for sharing your picture collection with us. I enjoyed brousing through them. Brought back wonderful memories of Laural and Hardy movies and others I enjoyed watching on TV back in the 50's. How were you able to collect so many of them? Lee

Lee,

The site does not belong to me. But whoever does maintain it, has been quite busy!
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    A movie is coming out in October about the life of Amelia Erhart. I wonder if they'll include the Terraplane drive-a-way in Detroit. Probably not...but trailer looks interesting.
This discussion has been closed.