Frank Hughes

onerare39
onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
edited May 2017 in HUDSON
I just received news from Frank's wife Patty that Frank had a heart attack and passed away on May 3, at his home in Shelton, Washington.  I think that we will all agree that Frank had a great had a great deal of knowledge about Hudson automobiles and was more than willing to share his sage advice, along with a bit of humor.  He was also willing to admit that he was wrong "once".  I considered Frank a good friend and always looked forward to seeing him at Hudson meets, I will miss that.

John Forkner

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Sad, RIP and prayers for his family!
  • Sad indeed.  Frank frequently contributed answers to many questions, and always had a witty/humorous response.  He will be missed.
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor
    A shocker indeed. Seems like he was just here answering questions. I always enjoyed my talks with Frank over the years at HET National meets. He and his knowledge will be greatly missed.
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Wow, I just installed one of his filter setups. What a great guy to work with. Sad news indeed.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Very very sad.  Hard to believe he was just on here Wed.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    As others have said, great guy to deal with. Hard to believe. 
  • Wow, was looking forward to our club meeting this month.

Thought and prayers to Patty.

• Ahhh, Man, what a drag!   I loved reading Frank's posts.   I never had the chance to meet him face to face, but I always chased down whatever it was he was posting about.   He will be sorely missed on this site.  RIP, Frank.   Condolences to his family...keith

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Indeed sad to hear of Frank's passing.   I did meet him at San Mateo meet a few years ago.  A knowledgeable and talented Hudson enthusiast.  He will be missed.   Condolences to family and friends.
    Geoff
  • parkerm
    parkerm Expert Adviser
    I am really saddened to hear this. I never met Frank, but he and I corresponded a few times about my 1940. Like Keith said, I always enjoyed Franks posts. Condolences to his family and loved ones.
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    OMG! I cannot believe this...I am completely shocked and disheartened..
    We were just emailing last weekend about double clutch shifting and such, as well as his progress on the Hornet.
    He had also been helping me fab a dual circuit master cylinder for my T-Plane..
    WE ALL have suffered another great loss, and my heartfelt condolences to Patty and the family.
    Our local club President Ed will be forwarding memorial info when it becomes available.
    I will greatly miss him....
    Jeff
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Frank was a good and knowledgeable man, he will be missed.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    What was Frank's avatar?  If this is who I think it is, then he will truly be missed on this forum.  In any event, my condolences to his family.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Intelligence  backed up with a sense of humor. A wonderful combination.
  • Dear Patty  Prayers to you and your family at this time of need. Ron & Mary Beth Nimtz Elkton,Mich
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited May 2017
    Frank's Avatar  -  Frankvintagefullflowcom
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor

Hard news to take.  I never meet Frank in person but had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone a few times about my 35 Terraplane and other topics.  He was as witty and humorous on the phone as in his post. 

• JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    onerare39 said:
    Frank's Avatar  -  Frankvintagefullflowcom
    I was afraid of he was the one.  He helped me with a PM.  He will be missed.  
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Did Frank  attend the Colorado Springs meet as I think I may of met him there?Condolences to his family
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Correspondence with Frank was always fun & enlightening. My condolences to his family & friends.
    Dave Young, New Zealand
  • Ken U-Tx said:
    48Sed said:
    Did Frank  attend the Colorado Springs meet as I think I may of met him there?Condolences to his family
    Yes indeed he was, had a space in the Swap Meet area.

He also had a vendor table next to me in the main ball room, in front of the Hot rod Hudsons.
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Ken,that is where I met him as he was working on his laptop in the ball room facing the cars on display.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Very sad news indeed. I only "knew" Frank via this forum but he was always one to read and never afraid to say what he was thinking. My condolences also to his family and friends at this sad time
  • J Haugo
    J Haugo Member
    Frank Hughes obituary can be seen McComb & Wager Family Funeral Home in Shelton, WA
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Didn't realize was only 68. We had emailed back and forth many times. Frank was always helpful.  
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    In looking at my WTN, I realized we are going to miss Frank in more ways than one.  I was intending to purchase a ring gear from him.  
  • Val
    Val Member
    Prayer go out to his family in the sorrowful time. He will surely be missed by all