My '54 Hornet Up and Running

Just a thank you to all who gave advise over the last two months on getting my old girl going,heard her run perfect for the first time today and had to show off,she even drives,first time on the move since '98,purrs like a kitten and no smoke. Has 29,000 miles but not well cared for over the last twenty years, but I have most parts not on the car to get her dressed back up plus all good grille to replace this one.Has been sold but went to a good friend who will be joining the club so he will probably looking for help as he goes through the car to get back on the road.Pictures are from last fall before we pushed her back in the barn. Thanks again all for your help.imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Great job...thanks for sharing
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Looks like your having fun! Nice HUDSON!
  • 53hud54
    53hud54 Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks guys,I have not heard such a good running old car in a long time.The '53 is next and that one is never leaving home.Selling this one will allow me to make her near perfect,not far from that now
  • Congratulations!  Pretty Car!

• I like that, i don't know when i drive my own car...
  • dougson
    dougson Senior Contributor
    Nice, like the Aluminum "high compression" head.
  • If anyone has a right rear outer bumper,don't want one perfect so that it matches the rest of bumper,but no rust,let me know,weird that the rest of bumper is good but right side rusted
  • exhaust fumes
  • That's what I figured,Richard.
  • Thanks for your time tonight on the phone and i see those are the hood hinges i need in your pics of the 54 same all the way around so cool to see one complete  !!!