Wanted 46-47 pick up seat

Hi, would like to know if anyone has a seat assembly for sale, for a 46-47 pick up, or knows of someone with one for sale. 
Preferably in the Oregon or California regions as can probably pick up early May, or other regions, if they are able to freight the item to Oregon at our expense.
We have just arrived in the US on holiday so should have a contact number in the next day or so. Thanks

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    If you cant find an original seat suggest using a mid '80's Chey/GMC S15 seat. I did and it practically bolted in and flips forward to reach behind it. I also used the safety belts.
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    I also heard that the Ford Ranger from that time will work.
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    Another choice is a Jeep Cherokee from the mid 80's
  • goan
    goan Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Will try some wreckers when we head up to Oregon in May but might just have to find something in NZ as have a limited time to find anything.
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    in pocatello, idaho. have original one NOT for sale, but easy t make (wood frame, common parts). you can measure mine and photo top to bottom if you want. going to rebuild mine anyway with new wood, but seat is nice original!!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Bellbigdawg:  would you be willing to share measurements and pictures? There are plenty of Het folk who do not have a seat. With your measurements and pictures replacements can be fabricated.  Thanks 
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    yes i will. would like to blueprint it to make frames and mount brackets. will post results soon!!
  • goan
    goan Member
    Thanks bellbigdawg a blueprint would be a great help and much appreciated.