54 Hornet

ski4life65
ski4life65 Expert Adviser
Price is crazy but look what is coming out of the package tray.......
https://denver.craigslist.org/atq/6034165527.html

Comments

• Orig. A/C??
  • ski4life65
    looks like it to me. I have only seen one other in person.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

I looked at the price at 4K thinking it was a good buy or mispriced.  Second time around makes me catch my breath....

• ski4life65
    He started at 50K! I saw the car at Sonic in the fall and the guy had just bought it from his elderly neighbor. He knew nothing about the car or Hudsons at the time. It is a nice looking "survivor", but not 40 large nice.
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor

I guess you can't blame a guy for givin' it a shot, but reality will soon catch up with him. But don't forget, everything is new!

F

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Some pictures of a OEM 1954 AC installation 
  • allan
    allan Member

I've never seen the original setup before.  Wow, has the technology come a long way!

Allan

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Curious how much that option was in 1954?
  • super-six
    super-six Expert Adviser
    Were these units factory installed or "factory authorized" for dealer installation?
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    1954 the AC Was factory available option. In my history one dealership in Omaha showed me installation instructions for the pictured system.  It was installed in Stepdowns.  I have viewed system in 1953 Hornet Sedan, 1954 Hollywood, 3 1954 Hornet Sedans.
  • Wow, nice pics. I love seeing the archaic technology in the past, and how complex things had to be to solve simple problems.  I wonder how much, in today's money, AC would have cost?

My Hornet has 250 AC - 2 windows, 50 MPH!
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    That AC must be pretty rare to buy.  Ray