49 Wire Harness?

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
I am giving serious consideration to replacing the major wire harness in my 49 Com 8 conv. Seems like a tossup between Rhode Island and YnZ. Looks like the prices seem to be about the same. Any input from users would be helpful.

Comments

• You could try Narragansett wiring, also in Rhode Island. I just found them. Don't know anything about them. They might have some better prices. Good luck!
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Thanks, just did a search. The prices are a little less. A consumers feedback might shed some more light on the three. I wonder who Dr. Doug uses?
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    I got the harness for my 35 Terraplane Special G from Rhode Island.  They made a few modifications at my request.  Everything fit and looked as the original.  I'd removed the original and sent it to them as they didn't have the data for my particular car.  They returned all my original harness.  They were great to work with.  Being the harness was relatively simple I thought the price was very reasonable.  I thought the quality was very good as well.
    Tom
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I used Rhode Island for both my '47 and my '51.  Excellent experience
  • 37 CTS
    37 CTS Senior Contributor

My Rhode Island wiring harness for a 52 was of the highest quality.

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Used a Rhode Is for my 40.  Worked great.
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

I used YnZ on my 53 hornet.  It worked out great, no issues and they added a few wires in as well.  Like fuel pump, stereo..... I also have a complete harness ready for a 50 Pacemaker convertible with Supermatic.  I have not installed it (yet) but it looks to all be there and with the correct connectors for the supermatic drive.  I have also purchased all kinds of wire and connectors to rewire my 1922 and repair my 1937.  Good guys.

Jay

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    I have done two cars with YnZ, very happy.  Bill Albright used YnZ.