Country Club 8

Val
Val Member
I have maybe considered buying this car as my six is about finished. I have a question about the serial number. 9523 is the first 4. Also 95 vs 97 not sure the difference and what is easiest to find parts for. ????? Any ideas what the serial number tells me?

Comments

• allan
    allan Member

The 95 indicates a standard country club 8 while the 97 would be the long wheel base version of the same car.

Allan

• Val
    Val Member
    Thanks Allan, so which is more desirable 95 or 97?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I'd think the 97 because a long-wheelbase has a more luxurious ride.  Plus, doesn't it have the little drop-down shelf on the back of the front seat? 
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    To me ; either :)
  • Val
    Val Member
    Yes it must be the 97 that has the drop down shelf as this 95 does not. But I can see that the long wheel base would provide a more comfortable ride. Plus this 95 needs ALOT of TLC. So Maybe.....  
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited May 2017
    If you have doubts, I would suggest you wait.  These cars come onto the market every so often and it is possible you will find a good one at a reasonable price.  As time goes by, people sell off their car collections, or their executors do.  If you are sure that this is the exact car you are looking for, and you are in the Club, you can inquire amongst various members to learn if they know of any such cars that might be coming up for sale in the future.  It's good to find out about these cars before they come up for sale.

Check Craiglists too.  Here is a forum discussion on a '39 Country Club Eight sedan that popped up for sale in 2011 in Pennsylvania for $4500!  http://www.hetclub.org/forum/discussion/148392/1939-country-club-eight-4500-hanover-pa
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks Jon I appreciate the info You have been a valuable source of info for me now since I have been on the forum and in the club.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Thank you for the kind words!