interior door and rear quarter panel ss

duncan
duncan Expert Adviser
I am looking for the ss trim strips that cover the seams on the interior door and quarter panels that are about 7/8inch wide and are ss. any length or condition..For our 54 Hornet Hollywood.  Long strips 43 1/2  and smaller.  Please.  Ray

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Pretty sure I have the door ones, Ray.  I'll look when I get home late tonight if possible.  
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited May 2017
    Ray the 54 Hollywood used the trim strips that have the machined surface as well as the polished stainless strips... I have taken apart several 54 Hollywoods and have found both types in the cars.  On this forum is a fellow who is from NY who is selling Hudson parts via eBay as well as in the WTN.  His eBay and forum handle is  3nverts and his forum handle is 2nverts.   
  • RL Chilton
    Ones that I have are the smooth, polished ones, I'm sure.  
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    That's great Russell  What lengths are they.  Ray
  • RL Chilton
    edited May 2017
    Sorry, Ray.  I was gone for a day-and-a-half.  Vicki and I went to Houston to see U2 in concert.  Just got back.  

On to the parts:  Check out the pics.  Long pieces are 40-1/8".  They are the door stainless for a '54 2DR.  Not perfect, but pretty good.  Unfortunately a few of the tabs on the back were broken off and someone in the past thought it would be easier to insert a screw through the stainless instead of fitting a new piece of steel strip into the hole in the back and making a "new" tab.  Otherwise, only one real "dent" that could be pushed out, sanded and polished.  

Small pieces, I think, are for a '54 Convertible, or HLWYD that has power windows ( I heard there were some).  They are about 4" long, but angled on the ends.  2 of them are factory  bent and I think the switch for the power windows went between the two strips (2 on each side).  But I could be wrong, please correct me if you know differently.  

So, long ones (doors) are good driver set, not #1's.  Short ones are pristine.  Couldn't remember what shape they were in until I dug them out.  

• duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    How much are you asking for them.  Ray
  • RL Chilton
    Ray, sent you PM.