Info Needed 53 Hornet Thermostat & Spark Plug Leads

Hi, I am needing a Thermostat and Spark Plug leads for my 53 Hornet 262

Does anyone have a part number for the Thermostat, and is there a Universal Lead kit available.

Thanks - Peter

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    Peter, I have those origional type thermostats. email me at HEThornetllw@yahoo.com    Drop the HET when writing.
  • jase
    jase Member
    For plug leads: you can still get wire sets thru NAPA. I don't have the Belkamp part number right off, but Ken Cates' website should have it. If you want the fabric covered original type, my neighbor John Brillman sells reproduction that are beautiful and fairly priced. Www.brillman.com
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    The White Triangle News has numerous people listed to satisfy all of your Hudson needs.  Look under Member Products and Services, and Parts For Sale.  Membership has it's benefits!

John
  • There are a couple of things to think about with the plug wires.  They need to be 7mm to fit through most plug wire holders. If your staying with points and condenser you can use original type wire core.  If you are going with electronic ignition (Petronius) they recommend suppression core not solid core. Morroso makes 7mm suppression plug wire kits for flathead Fords. I buy them from Speedway Motors, but most any speed shop deals with Morroso .
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Spark Wire Set
    40 - 47, 6,
    NAPA
    48-56, 6,

8cyl
  • PeterD
    PeterD Member

Thank you all for your comments. I have purchased some leads now, and a thermostat.

Pete