Hullo? Anybody there?

Paulie
Paulie Member

Whilst recently reminiscing about my growing up years, I did a quick search for "Bob Bade" - I discovered that he was recently deceased, and I remain deeply saddened. Bob happened to have had a secret admirer (ME) with respect to his life (most honorable Vietnam service, a Corvette, plus his Dad's Hudson Club Presidency, as I recall) - directly across the street from my Dad's family auto shop business in Newark NY. My sister cared for the elder Mr. Bade until his passing, and all but my 1976 Vette and myself are gone now, just wondering if any connections to my former life still exist. Great cars, great people!

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    There are still lots of us Hudson people around
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

Contact Charles who's the president of your local Hudson chapter.  There are lots of Hudsons around and West of you.

He's in Middleport, NY

email him at HETcharlesj64@msn.com  and don't use the HET

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I don't believe Bob was ever president of the national Hudson club, but perhaps he was president of the local Chapter (N.Y./Ontario?) in northern NY State.  I especially remember Bill Bade, who was quite a guy with a twinkle in his eye, and who amazingly did not seem to age beyond the age of 65.  (He lived into his nineties, I think.)  Many of us H-E-T members remember him with fondness, and I'm sure they are appreciative of your sister's caring for him in hi final years.