Buy WHEEL new or used for my Hudson Essex

manuessexmanuessex Member
in HUDSON Posts: 6
I need 2 wheels. Have a photo but I don't know how to send it here.

Comments

• Jon BJon B Administrator
    See HOW TO POST PICTURES at our "Instructions & Tips" category http://forum.hetclub.org/categories/forum-instructions-tips

What year of Essex do you have?
  • manuessexmanuessex Member
    Mu car is a essex roadster 4P. Year 1929. 
    IMG_8771.JPG
    1200 x 1600 - 362K
    IMG_8183.JPG
    3200 x 2868 - 1M
    IMG_8184.JPG
    1344 x 1793 - 556K
    Will it be difficult to find them?
  • HansHans Senior Contributor
    There are many similar looking wheels, that use similar center hub with 6 bolt holes on a 6 inch circle.
    The '29 Essex used 60 spokes, with a 20 inch tire mounted.
    Many wheel variations with tire sizes from 20", 19" 18" tires, using the 6 bolts on 6 inch circle. Number of spokes from 40 to 72 per wheel.
    I often see wheels that have my hopes up, but seldom see the correct one I'm looking for.  
    Most wheels found have required work, on Lock rings and it's groove.
    Please call 517 Two 6 three  366 six
    Hans

what are the particulars concerning the wheels you have and want?
    what size tire diameter at rim?
    number of spokes?   Inner  and  outer as attached to center hub.
    Picture looks like 6 bolt holes thru center hub to brake drum.  are they on a 6 inch circle? 
    I would expect a '29 to have 6 mounting bolts on a 6 inch circle, with 20 inch tires and 60 spokes.
    What do you have so we can help you.
    Hans
    Okay, I'll look at it tomorrow and we'll talk

Thanks, 

Manu

Hello Hans,  I atached the photos of my whell. Sending drawing with measures too. 
    Have 60 spokes with 20 inch tires. 6 bolts. 
    It's the same as the one you describe.  I need two wheels for the spare tires. New or a good used. 

FullSizeRender.jpg
    470 x 640 - 83K
    IMG_9097.JPG
    640 x 480 - 141K
    IMG_9090.JPG
    640 x 480 - 149K
    IMG_9091.JPG
    640 x 480 - 144K
    IMG_9098.JPG
    640 x 480 - 127K
    IMG_9160.JPG
    640 x 480 - 97K
    Yes, I am now sure of the wheels you require.

It is amazing how many different wheels will bold on to the 6 inch 6 bolt hubs.  Even the 1929 Chevrolet DISC wheel has the same bolt pattern.

Where are you located?   Do You or any one you know come to the Hershey Meet in October?

Hershey Pennsylvania, USA.

Hello, 
    We Live in Spain and the others year we have been in the fair, but this year we can´t attend. 
    But we would like to be able to solve it before October. Could we see the possibility of sending it to Spain ?.

My communications have been intended to be helpful to you and others of us readers in identifying your needs.
    After 80 plus years many changes could have been made to a car. With your pictures and drawing we now know what you need.

I have never seen a New old wheel, all have required cosmetic repair up to major repair as replacement of spokes and work in the snap ring grove area.

Hershey is one of the best places to find your needs but with your information many more will be better informed.

I have heard some groups of Hershey attendees, ie. Sweden  and Germany arrange shipment of large quantities of parts and even cars  from there.  Perhaps you may have associates from Spain that do the same thing.

It is always best to see what you purchase so you can evaluate condition and evaluate any possible repairs.