Help save my junk...

It's time for my tour to end, I'm leaving the crazy house.

Unfortunately, I have to move, and I can't take my 1928 Hudson Super Six project with me.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, but here's the grizzly details.

Engine looks nice, but is missing carb, and other small items.
It's stuck, but was supposed to have been in good condition once.

Cowl has two or three small holes, inch square sizish, where I've cut rust out but haven't filled the holes, otherwise, cowl is in great Condition,  but is the only body part with car.

Car was once a sport Coupe, and ended it's driving life as a stock car, in which it took a nasty shunt in the butt, putting one chassis side ahead of the other, by around an inch, if memory serves me correctly.

There are four front wheels, and two rear, no tires, and wheels are in bad shape.

There is no grille or radiator. There is a spare 1926 gearbox.

Steering box is good, but no wheel.

There's a few spares, I've collected some small items, like a full set of hubcaps.

If anyone is interested, I don't want to make a fortune selling my junk, I'm more interested in seeing someone do something with it.
Make me an offer, message me, or leave a message in this thread.

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    where is the stuff?
  • depending on the price and if you dont mind me turning it into a ratrod i may be interested.
    flick up pics. will it be on TradeMe?
  • ESSX28-1 said:
    where is the stuff?

Greymouth

• Alex, it won't make trade me, I've seen a lot of Hudson projects sit there for ages.
  • Here's a few more.
    That diff is huge.
  • kiwijeff
    kiwijeff Member
    edited May 2017
     I just need it to go to a good home, so make me an offer...
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Jeff, please give me your contact details, I have someone who may be interested, needs '28 running gear.   You can contact me on 06/5419693 or NZgeoffclark@xtra.co.nz ( leave off the NZ) or post your details here.
    Geoff
  • Thanks Geoff, the engine and g box are headed up north, to a good home.
  • I also have a 39 Terraplane hood/bonnet to give away.
    Anyone keen, it'll only cost you shipping.
    It has a little surface rust, but is straight, and in good condition.
  • The Super Six is about to go up North.
    As much as I hate splitting this up, the engine is needed to help an existing 28 stay on the road, the fate of the rest of the car is anyone's guess for now.
  • mount the cowl up on the wall or out against a wall and make some sort of BBQ thing. ohh it could make a fine chiller for the beverages.
    better yet as a back of a bogan love seat out of it.
  • Any ideas what to do with the diff?
    I'll have to posts a pic, that things huge.

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Jeff, can you tell me the ratio of the diff?   Hold one axle and turn the  pinion and count the number of turns of the other axle when you turn the pinion two complete turns.
  • Geoff, I'll have to drag it out later to do this, still figuring out how I'm going to get the engine and g box to the shippers. It's a heavy engine.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Get a forklift.  You must have a hire centre in Grey somewhere.   It's actually no heavier than most engines, as the crankcase only weighs a few pounds, being light alloy.
  • Just finished getting it on the Ute.
    Drop it off Monday at the shippers.
  • Geoff, I'll try to get to the diff today.
    I have to shift some stuff to get to it.

I'm about to go deliver the engine to the shippers.
  • The engine is on its way.