Frank Hughes

onerare39onerare39 Expert Adviser, Moderator
edited May 5 in HUDSON Posts: 891
I just received news from Frank's wife Patty that Frank had a heart attack and passed away on May 3, at his home in Shelton, Washington.  I think that we will all agree that Frank had a great had a great deal of knowledge about Hudson automobiles and was more than willing to share his sage advice, along with a bit of humor.  He was also willing to admit that he was wrong "once".  I considered Frank a good friend and always looked forward to seeing him at Hudson meets, I will miss that.

John Forkner

Comments

• Oldfarmer1947gmailcomOldfarmer1947gmailcom Expert Adviser
    Sad, RIP and prayers for his family!
  • iceblade10iceblade10 Member
    Sad indeed.  Frank frequently contributed answers to many questions, and always had a witty/humorous response.  He will be missed.
    Stephen Repas
    1954 Hornet Coupe - Originally my Grandfather's
    Southeastern PA
  • hudsonguyhudsonguy Senior Contributor
    A shocker indeed. Seems like he was just here answering questions. I always enjoyed my talks with Frank over the years at HET National meets. He and his knowledge will be greatly missed.
  • Ken U-TxKen U-Tx Senior Contributor
    I Am devastated to hear this. Great guy to have met and known.
  • GrimGreaserGrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Wow, I just installed one of his filter setups. What a great guy to work with. Sad news indeed.
  • 50C8DAN50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Very very sad.  Hard to believe he was just on here Wed.
  • KdancyKdancy Senior Contributor
    As others have said, great guy to deal with. Hard to believe. 
    53 Super Super Wasp Coupe
    53 Studebaker Coupe Custom
    64 Champ pickup
    53 Hornet Coupe od no drivetrain,  haven't decided what to do with this one

Kerry Wellborn, Florida http://s294.beta.photobucket.com/user/studebaker2/library/
  • BillUSN1BillUSN1 Member

Wow, was looking forward to our club meeting this month.

Thought and prayers to Patty.

Bill Hamilton Fuel Injection
  • keithfullmeryahoocomkeithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
    Ahhh, Man, what a drag!   I loved reading Frank's posts.   I never had the chance to meet him face to face, but I always chased down whatever it was he was posting about.   He will be sorely missed on this site.  RIP, Frank.   Condolences to his family...keith

• Geoff C., N.Z.Geoff C., N.Z. Senior Contributor
    Indeed sad to hear of Frank's passing.   I did meet him at San Mateo meet a few years ago.  A knowledgeable and talented Hudson enthusiast.  He will be missed.   Condolences to family and friends.
    Geoff
    If you're stuck in a hole, stop digging.
  • parkermparkerm Expert Adviser
    I am really saddened to hear this. I never met Frank, but he and I corresponded a few times about my 1940. Like Keith said, I always enjoyed Franks posts. Condolences to his family and loved ones.
  • DocHublerDocHubler Expert Adviser
    I first met Frank and Patty when they came by my place to pick up some parts, and since that time, really enjoyed his humor and friendship, and of course his knowledge on the Hudsons.  Devastated to hear this!
  • jjbubaboyjjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    OMG! I cannot believe this...I am completely shocked and disheartened..
    We were just emailing last weekend about double clutch shifting and such, as well as his progress on the Hornet.
    He had also been helping me fab a dual circuit master cylinder for my T-Plane..
    WE ALL have suffered another great loss, and my heartfelt condolences to Patty and the family.
    Our local club President Ed will be forwarding memorial info when it becomes available.
    I will greatly miss him....
    Jeff
  • bob wardbob ward Senior Contributor
    Frank was a good and knowledgeable man, he will be missed.
    Lockyer Valley, Queensland
  • JasonNCJasonNC Expert Adviser
    What was Frank's avatar?  If this is who I think it is, then he will truly be missed on this forum.  In any event, my condolences to his family.
  • SuperDaveSuperDave Senior Contributor
    Intelligence  backed up with a sense of humor. A wonderful combination.

Live in the past.... it's cheaper.

49 Super six Brougham

49 Commodore Eight Convertible

Melbourne, Florida

• 1954Hudson1954Hudson Member
    Dear Patty  Prayers to you and your family at this time of need. Ron & Mary Beth Nimtz Elkton,Mich
  • onerare39onerare39 Expert Adviser, Moderator
    edited May 6 Posts: 891
    Frank's Avatar  -  Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 8.47.03 AM.jpg
    51 x 55 - 6K
  • 35 Terraplane35 Terraplane Senior Contributor

Hard news to take.  I never meet Frank in person but had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone a few times about my 35 Terraplane and other topics.  He was as witty and humorous on the phone as in his post. 

• JasonNCJasonNC Expert Adviser
    onerare39 said:
    Frank's Avatar  -  Frankvintagefullflowcom
    I was afraid of he was the one.  He helped me with a PM.  He will be missed.  
  • 48Sed48Sed Senior Contributor
    Did Frank  attend the Colorado Springs meet as I think I may of met him there?Condolences to his family
  • ESSX28-1ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Correspondence with Frank was always fun & enlightening. My condolences to his family & friends.
    Dave Young, New Zealand
    Dave Y New Zealand
    48Sed said:
    Did Frank  attend the Colorado Springs meet as I think I may of met him there?Condolences to his family
    Yes indeed he was, had a space in the Swap Meet area.

• BillUSN1BillUSN1 Member
    Ken U-Tx said:
    48Sed said:

He also had a vendor table next to me in the main ball room, in front of the Hot rod Hudsons.
    Bill Hamilton Fuel Injection
    BillUSN1 said:
    Ken U-Tx said:
    48Sed said:

He also had a vendor table next to me in the main ball room, in front of the Hot rod Hudsons.

Yes, that is what I really meant to say, the indoor vendor area surrounding the cars on display in the ballroom, in front of the orange Hudson Jet drag racer. Yes Bill was just two tables down from me I think, he lent me his universal charging cord so I could recharge my laptop. Don't remember why I didn't have my charger with me....
  • 48Sed48Sed Senior Contributor
    Ken,that is where I met him as he was working on his laptop in the ball room facing the cars on display.
  • PaulButlerPaulButler Administrator
    Very sad news indeed. I only "knew" Frank via this forum but he was always one to read and never afraid to say what he was thinking. My condolences also to his family and friends at this sad time

• J HaugoJ Haugo Member
    Frank Hughes obituary can be seen McComb & Wager Family Funeral Home in Shelton, WA
  • KdancyKdancy Senior Contributor
    Didn't realize was only 68. We had emailed back and forth many times. Frank was always helpful.  
    53 Super Super Wasp Coupe
    53 Studebaker Coupe Custom
    64 Champ pickup
    53 Hornet Coupe od no drivetrain,  haven't decided what to do with this one

Kerry Wellborn, Florida http://s294.beta.photobucket.com/user/studebaker2/library/