Dual pulley Damper

I am testing out a paxton supercharger on my 262 '49 sedan and I need a dual pulley damper for the setup. 
Does anyone have one, know where I can get one or could give me specifics about making mine into one??
Thanks

Comments

•  Not sure if applicable for a damper pulley but I welded 2 pulleys together to make a 5" water pump pulley to speed up my water pump by 28%. Stopped my overheating.

23 photos relating to that job.

>>>> https://goo.gl/photos/tAu7WS2ALWvbvrNb7

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited April 2017
    Ken U. posted this a few years ago  -  Here's the 36988-05 Mopar Pulley like I have, it's 5-13/16" OD only 3/16" more than the NOS 54 double groove pulley. Can try your local wrecking yard. Seems to fit late80'd thru early 90's 318 V-8's with AC.

Try here also  -   http://www.damperdoctor.com
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited April 2017

• airbrushguy - PLEASE post pics!! I'd love to see a supercharged 262 in progress?  Is the Paxton off a Studebaker?
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    While a paxton is ok, the early ones are just not as reliable as a turbo. There was a blue 51 pacemaker coupe with turbo at the last two nationals. Very nicely done and is driven everywhere.

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    edited April 2017
    I have 3 or 4 of the double groove dampers.  You can email me:  HETrlchilton52@gmail.com (drop the HET before sending).  I could part with one of them, if you need it.  
  • Thank you RL, I have emailed you.
    For those who asked, I do suspect the turbo would be more reliable and better performance boost but I wanted this car to look period and that aspect is even more important than performance. I do want to reap the benefits of the supercharger but I have other cars that are extremely quick and I'd like this to surprise people looking under the hood by making them wonder if it was factory.
    Maybe odd, but I like my cars to have a theme.
    Thanks
  • Richard D, great photos. I would be interested in more specifics about what pulleys you used and how you went about it, centering, balancing etc.
    Although my present interest is the supercharger, I had a '51 when I was in high school and I remember how atrociously hot it used to get when it sat with windows closed in the summer. So AC may be in the future.
    Thanks everyone
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited May 2017

Hard to find a 5" pulley but fits Ford 6 cylinder from 65-67 Mustang 6 cylinder 200 CI. search eBay. Doing it is basic stuff. Pulley # C5DE-8509-A; 2 of these.

• RL Chilton
    Thank you RL, I have emailed you.
    For those who asked, I do suspect the turbo would be more reliable and better performance boost but I wanted this car to look period and that aspect is even more important than performance. I do want to reap the benefits of the supercharger but I have other cars that are extremely quick and I'd like this to surprise people looking under the hood by making them wonder if it was factory.
    Maybe odd, but I like my cars to have a theme.
    Thanks
    That's not odd.  That's great.  I do the same.  
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited April 2017
    So do I, guys; why mine has mud flaps , curb feelers, WWW tires, dice on mirror, headlight visors, fox tail, etc.!!! but I AM from the 50's. and painted my bike tires with white Western Auto tire paint. and put playing cards to hit the spokes !!!  loved it ~~~~~~~~
    and dreamed with an Honest Charley catalog and a Warshawsky one (pre-JC Whitney)
  • RichardD - don't forget the dancing LEDs!! 
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited May 2017

This sure is OFF THREAD SUBJECT but SCOTT, you have let the cat out of the bag.

• RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited May 2017

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    If I understand your question, You are looking for the dual belt engine driven harmonic balancer?  One can be created from a single by grinding the front lip off a standard single balancer and bolting on a Chevrolet small block double pulley.(available from many speed shops)  Of course that process should be done with precision.
  • Interesting Dave....except I think I better put a post up asking for a stock balancer, in case I run into problems with my original one.
    Thanks
  • RL Chilton
    airbrushguy-

Sent you an email this morning.