WTB Wire Wheels

Looking for a set-I assume motor wheel company?
I am going to the spring Carlisle swap meet to try and find a set-so if anyone needs something thats not heavy I am willing to help out

Comments

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Doesn't Coker Tire or one of the big tire suppliers have "repops" of the Motor wheel wires.  Much cheaper than having old ones restored.
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    edited April 2017
     Cooker has repro of the Chrysler wire wheels. They fit and are used on many Hudson step downs.  I have a set on my 49.  I also have a restored, origin Hudson set of on my 52. The spoke pattern is different.  However, the Barret 49 limo has Chrysler wire wheels shown in the factory photos.  

Now for the price.  I bought 5 wheels from  Cooker ($1500.00) for less than than what I paid to have 2 very nice original wheels restored..not including the cost of the wheel.  Another advantage of the reproduction wheels is that they can be run tubeless..not so with the originals

The choice is yours, but if you want to drive the car, get the Chrysler wheels, they are well made and you won't worry as much about them.  Of course, if you find a set you can just bolt on the car that is another story

thats my thought. 

Lew