WTB: Export Speedometer for '51 Hudson

Dunno if such exist, but I'm over in Germany, and would love to put a speedo face in KM into my Hornet so I can see what it's doing on the Autobahn.  Anyone got one, or heard of such thing?  Brent

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Keep looking!  I have a 1937 with a "factory" km/h speedo, so they definitely were manufactured.  Your best chance would be to look in Europe, because it's doubtful that there would be any of them left in the United States.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    If you have a smart phone use it.  I use my phone in all my Hudsons, it allows me to see speed and direction as well as calculate fuel economy.
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    You could probably have a speedometer restoration guy redo the MPH to KPH or just add the KPH numbers to the existing face or on the glass, smaller and in a different color. 
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    My GPS helped me when I had the 3:07 gears in a 49 with OD. There wasn't any available speedo gears for that combo.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Another option would be an auxilary drive at the transmission end to  speed up the ratio.
  • Geoff - I can of course do a mental translation of speeds from mph to kh/m, but would like to have one that actually shows km's.  Problem with the auxiliary drive would be that the speedo only goes to 100mph, which isn't all that fast if converted to km/h, especially on the Autobahn ...  Keep me in mind if anyone down there in Kiwi Land has one on an old stepdown.  BTW - Had a wonderful visit to your country in December.  I've travelled to c. 90 countries, but would be hard-pressed to find one that rivals the spectacular beauty of New Zealand.  The Southward Car Museum was great, too!  Cheers, Brent