34 Terraplane Limo.

So I heard about a 34 Terraplane that's come to my little coastal town, and figured since I know the guy who brought it, I'd best go take a look.
I didn't know much about it, before I saw it, and I got a wee shock, to see that it was a Street Rod project, as well as a stretched Limousine.

The owner is a car dealer, who has an impressive collection of early Ford's, so I also figured I'd school him on some cool Hudson history, and I did.

He tells me he needs a windscreen frame, so I say, I'll take some pics, show em off here, and ask y'all if anyone can hook him up with a decent screen frame.
Local to New Zealand would be good, but I'm sure he would have no issue with importing one, so, can anyone help?

The car has Jag front and rear ends, no engine, and most of the body work is good, but needs the roof completed.
The doors open and close very nicely.

Thanks in advance, for any help Gentlemen.

Comments

• Look cool. I'm guessing this is a later conversion?  Also, in the first photo, there is an orange QT panel in the shot. What kind of car is it? 

Have a Great Day!

Capt. Chrysler
  • How about. Looks cool.  
  • Look cool. I'm guessing this is a later conversion?  Also, in the first photo, there is an orange QT panel in the shot. What kind of car is it? 

Yes it's not original by a long shot.
    The orange is a HQ Holden Ute.

• Bump for a windscreen frame.
    If anyone has one laying around spare, let me know please.
  • And if any Kiwis on this forum know any history on this car, please chime in, thanks.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    These folks make them brand new, evidently, and claim to have the pattern for a 1934 Terraplane sedan.  http://www.windshieldframes.com/Products/
    Unfortunately they're in Pennsylvania, USA, and not in New Zealand!
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    These guys are in Victoria, there has to be someone similar in NZ.

http://www.redfoxframes.com.au
  • NOW I have seen everything ...!  A '34 Terraplane LIMO?  Whodda thunk it?  But still a cool idea.
  • kiwijeff
    kiwijeff Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Jon and Bob.
    I'll let the owner know, and hopefully he can sort something out.
    Brent, it appears to be very well constructed, and I have no idea what sort of build direction he's going to take, although at a guess, I'd say street rod.
    I'd like to see it with some wide white walls and period correct wheels, maybe in a gloss black to accentuate the very cool body lines. Sort of a resto rod, as I'm sure it'll get a V8.