Hello everyone!

Glad to be the new guy here. I am in process of restoring a 1949 brougham that I picked up just before Christmas. I have been scouring the internet for parts to get this as complete as possible since it was missing quite a bit. This is my first hudson,  and I am really enjoying the challenge so far. I am in southern California in the city of Riverside. I may be popping in and out from time to time for Information as I  build this car  up. Looking forward to meeting you guys soon!
Thank you, 
George

Comments

• Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

If you have not visited Jay at Vintage Coach in Fontana you should.  He has most all the parts you need as well as a number of cars to look at.  You can get lots of ideas for how you want to finish your car.  My 51 brougham is out there gathering rust which can help if you are unsure of something and he is working on some "race" equipped engines (my 53) as well.  Not that they race but they look cool and it is always fun to look at and get ideas as to what you can do.  I will be out there Saturday bolting on some more shiny silliness.

Jay

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Welcome! I kinda like the Brougham too. Mine was missing darned near everything! There are 30 states involved in the accumulation of the parts.  Not authentic.. 1953 wide block 262, HydraMatic, Twin H and dual exhaust... but a hoot to drive!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Open Forum, George!  Just pitch us the questions, I'm sure we can come up with all the answers.

Meanwhile, if you haven't done so already you might want to consider joining the H-E-T Club, so you won't have the scour the internet so much!  The Club is a great way to find parts, technical information, and fellow Hudson friends.  The website is here: http://www.hetclub.org/

There are several chapters of the Club in California.  This MAP will show you which one(s) are nearest you.  Then you can go to this LIST and find a contact person, whom you can call and inquire about the next gathering of that chapter.  Generally, "newbies" are welcomed at these chapter meets and you'll get to make a bunch of contacts, see some Hudsons, and maybe even find some parts and information.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    I have maintained a Hudson Restoration website for folks like yourself for 18 years. It is a place for leads and help. 
    http://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/index.html