**Barn-find** 29' Hudson Super 6 first series model R Coupe

I was on the H.A.M.B with my original post, and KiwiJeff from there brought this forum to my attention. I'll copy and paste the H.A.M.B thread link here to save some time. Though most of the H.A.M.Bers are appreciative of the car and think it should be kept original, it was brought up that it is a Hotrod forum... So here I am. Lastly, I for some reason can't figure out how to attach photos to this forum.... Please let me know what you all think, thank you! 

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/never-thought-id-get-a-true-barn-find-my-new-88yr-old-friend.1049657/

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the Open Forum.

Best of luck with your acquisition.  1929 was a very popular year for Hudson and in the early years of our club (1960's) guys would drive to meets in these '29's from far, far away.  They are rugged and capable of being driven anywhere (though not at 80 mph!).  There are still a number of guys in the Club with a lot of technical knowledge of them.  If you're planning to hold onto it for awhile, you might want to consider joining the H-E-T, which is a clearinghouse of information and parts for sale, as well as a portal to the worldwide network of Hudson enthusiasts.  http://www.hetclub.org/   Where are you located?  Someone who owns a '29 might live near you, and might be able to jump in here and offer his services.  Geoff Clark, over in New Zealand, is a technical expert, so ask your questions and we can probably get you some answers.

For photo posting instructions go here:  http://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/169414/how-to-post-pictures#latest

• You should for that price consider yourself very lucky. 
  • Glad to see you made it here.
    Some members here may be worried about you posting on a Hot Rod forum, but they needn't worry, sounds like your planning to do right by this car.
    Maybe they will be surprised how many on the Hamb agree, this car should be kept original.

Now, can anyone tell us about those wire wheels?
    I know Australia used em, termites love wooden wheels, so that made sense.

• Hello all! I was having some trouble with my debit card but I'm all joined up now, just spent the last hour getting lost in all of the info that is available * WOW* A special thanks to my pal Kiwijeff for pointing me in the right direction!!! 
  • BTW, Thank you for the photo directions/ instructions  Jon B
  • Wurger sent me a message on the Hamb, saying he is having trouble logging in here.

Can anybody help please?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Jeff, can he explain where the problem is?  First, can he get to this webpage?  Then, when he types in his username and password, does the page refuse to sign him in?  If we know exactly where he goes awry, we can maybe help him.
  • I think he can get to the page.
    He said when he logs in, it boots him off.
    I've not been on the net much today, and haven't heard from him.

I did get my front brakes dialed in, so I'm almost legal, but what little Summer we have had, down here is almost over.
    There won't be much Summer motoring in my Hudson Hot Rod.
  • Wurger
    Wurger Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello all, for some reason my account disappeared leaving no trace of ever being made with the exception of the posts I made THANKFULLY a very prompt  admin fella was able to retrieve it and properly set it up for me.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome back!