Wanted: Main Bearings for 202 cu.in.

LHudson
LHudson Expert Adviser
I am in need of a set of main bearings for a 202. I am looking for a set of .002 or .010 or .020. I have a set of .060. I do not want to cut the crank that much.  I am hoping someone out there has a smaller set.  Thanks in advance.  L Hud

Comments

• LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    Thanks Ken for the reply. With the polishing a standard set has just too much clearance. The .002 is just right. Dale got me a set of .002 rod bearings. The mains are harder to come by. I will give Harris a call.   Thanks.  LHud
  • Shameless, Self-promoting Plug #1:

I feel your pain in attempting to locate mains for that engine, which takes me to the following suggestion:

I'm closing in on production of a version of the Vintage Full Flow conversion for the 202 Jet/Wasp engines. If the engine is down for a rebuild, it's a good time to consider that up-grade. www.vintagefullflow.com

The prototype unit has been on our Jet since well before San Mateo and it has proven itself to be as effective as the 232-262-308 version.

Just a suggestion since it's easier to accomplish before the engine goes in the chassis.

Frank