Floor pan paint???

JasonNC
JasonNC Expert Adviser
While I have it out, I'm having the floor pan on my 49 Super Six sandblasted. Before I put it back on, I'm wondering what kind of paint or POR-15 should I use on it.  

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I use POR-15 or similar on any work like this.  However you need to make sure you roughen your surfaces for it to stick well.  A good sandblasted surface is probably fine.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Rust Olium Hammered works for a hard finish and encapsulates non-loose rust, and is available at your hardware store a lot cheaper than POR.  Make sure you get some Xylol solvent for clean up for nothing else will touch it.
  • Be careful using a paint of rust product or a rust encapsulator when there is no rust left after sandblasting. These products need that for long term adhesion. A good epoxy primer to seal and any type of top coat would be better at this point. Eastwood makes a chassis black that is a DTM top coat if that's all you what to do. You could also coat it with afterblast which would prevent it from flash rust until you decide what you would like to do. 

• spray some lizard skin heat and sound first.