There are at least two Hudsons in this auction

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
edited January 2017 in HUDSON
This looks to be another big Vanderbrink auction.  Looks to be a '50 Hudson of some sort and a '46/'47 PU in the deal.

http://www.ronhackenberger.com

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=205&allimages=NO

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    250 studebakers
  • 50C8DAN
    Yes and one is a great looking glass truck
  • There's at least one Tatra for Ken...  I'd settle on an Isetta...

I can't imagine owning 700 vehicles... Obviously a bunch must not have been run in a long while...
  • Oooh, I think I want the amphibicar instead!  I'd totally take it on the lake, just to get a reaction from people...
  • 50C8DAN
    What was the commercial back in the 60s or 70s where the guy drove the amphibicar?  I think it was Colt 45 Malt Liquor?
  • I did not see a picture of a Tatra, but they mention one in the description:

"The collection isn’t limited to Studebakers, though, and a collection of Micro cars from BMW Izetta’s, Citroens, Crossley’s, King Midgets, a Rare Tatra, Borward, Fiats, showcase Ron's love of the unusual. There are early Hondas, Jaguars, Porsche and so much more. "
  • 50C8DAN
    Don't forget probably the largest collection of Divco milk delivery trucks in the world!  Did you see them all lined up.  Put a 308 in one of those babies and take it to the drag strip for some fun!
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Ken U-Tx said:
    Horrible, slow website! No Tatra to be seen, but then I don't have the patience to wait 15-20 seconds for each picture to load, that is if the arrow button even works when I click on it.

There is a green one shown , about page three? Looks to be decent in the limited
    photos. Repainted some time ago. At least it's inside.

I thought of you when I saw it, you're the only person I know of that has high interest in these. They are as unique as a stepdown.
    I live about 15 miles from these cars , never knew about them.

It does state that Chrome won't load the photos right, pretty fast on explorer.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Ken U-Tx said:
    Thanks for the link Stephen. I see it now. Original flat 4 twin carb motor i still in it. missing some of the front oil cooler "grill" chrome bars, mssing the center hood chrome strip with porcelain red TATRA badge.......Maybe they are inside the car.....in any even there are repros being made in Czechia.......
          Unfortunately I cannot do auctions, being deaf. I wonder if they would consider a private sale of the car before the auction?

It states there will be an on line auction at the same time. You have until July to check it out

• Ken.  WTF?

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Keith
    My všichni jsou povoleny naše výstředností
  • Ha!  Áno. Je to pravda. Mám veľa sám!