1934 Hudson Eight Queries

Old Fogey UK
Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
2 questions for 1934 H8 owners -
I need a new speedo cable, would a 33/34 Ford V-8 one work ? They look in pictures to have the same ends and they're easy to get. If not, what alternatives will work please ?
I also need a new sender unit for the fuel tank. You can get universal ones on eBay but it seems critical to get one of the right Ohm resistance for the gauge. Does anyone please know what this should be please ?

Comments

• dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Check with PAUL LARGE TYPE.  He sells the correct sending unit and also owns a 1934 H8
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    The fuel sender is not a resistance type, but a bi-metal one.   I'm trying to recall what I did to get one working, but it was all to do with the tension on the  strip.   You also need a ground wire to  the mounting screws.  Good luck,
    Geoff
  • Old Fogey UK
    The fuel sender is not a resistance type, but a bi-metal one.   I'm trying to recall what I did to get one working, but it was all to do with the tension on the  strip.   You also need a ground wire to  the mounting screws.  Good luck,
    Geoff
    Hi Geoff,
    If it does come back to you, please let me know. I'm David Horsley,we have corresponded before.
    You may still have my email address but if you haven't, please private message me.
  • Old Fogey UK
    dave s said:
    Check with PAUL LARGE TYPE.  He sells the correct sending unit and also owns a 1934 H8
    Thank you for the tip. If I can't make my old one work, I'll try Paul.