WANTED: 46-47 Side Hood Lens

CTNEWMAN
CTNEWMAN Member
edited January 2017 in Parts & Pieces
I know I can get a plastic REPOP from EMC, but I need a glass one.

Let me know if you have one.  I only need one but would take two.

Looks like this:
http://partsbyemc.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=189

Christian

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

Well, it won't fit a 46/47 as it's a 40-42 part

• Unc,

Look again.

F

• Regardless of what it actually fits, I'm certain that is the part I need. If anyone has one it would be a great help.

Christian
  • parkerm
    parkerm Expert Adviser
    I have three or four of those lenses. One is still in the chrome bracket. Three of the lenses are clear glass and one is frosted. I would need to measure them if there are different sizes. I can take photos and post them next week. Very busy this weekend.
    They won't fit my 1940 very different.

Marvin
  • Uncle Josh

Unc,

Look again.

F

I did.  looks like the Commadore's had them.  I learned something.
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    The frosted type are for 1942.  Clear patterned ones are 46-47.
  • True, but I think they were mostly on Commodores as opposed to the , doors.
  • I've got those on my 47 Commodore 6. I've never understood why there is a glass lense but no bulb. Looks like they would light up like the emblem in the middle of the hood. I have a wiring diagram that shows wires to "bonnet side lights" I think is what it says. Did earlier ones light up? The 41s didn't have that center medallion I don't think.
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    My 47 Commodore was modified by a previous owner to have working hood lights.
    Had a flat piece of sheet metal mounted by the studs that hold the lens/trim.A hole was drilled that a socket pushed/attached to. Power supplied by splicing into the power wire to the center ornament light .
  • Uncle Josh
    My 40 model 44 coupe.  There are metal bulb holders on the inside of the hood.