New Guy

Hello from Arkansas! I'm a motorcycle guy and I've had a 53 Buick for over 40 years. Now I got a Hudson Hornet in the yard. I went back 100 pages and have gone through all those old posts. This will be my first question: anybody got time to give me a real short rundown on what narrow block/ wide block means? If so, Thanks!!

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited January 2017
    Same thing only when they bored the 232/262 block out in 51 from 3 9/16 to 3 13/16 to make it a 308, the wall was a little thin on the left side so they added about 1/4 inch to the castings on the left side.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Forum, Beaverbikes!  If you intend to hold onto this Hudson for awhile, you may be interested in joining the H-E-T Club.  A good source for finding parts, technical information, and plugging into the worldwide Hudson network (plus they publish a fine magazine and also run this forum!) http://www.hetclub.org/
  • What model Buick? it have the nailhead or is it a Special with the I8?
  • Thanks, guys. I haven't really crawled under the hood yet but will pretty soon.

I'm aware of the Club. This Hudson isn't mine, if I get another one will probably join up.

My Buick has a 53 322 Nailhead. I used to know it inside and out, now I'm getting that CRS syndrome.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    So, this belongs to a friend or customer, and you are undertaking to fix it up?  Or just temporarily store it?
  • It's for an old friend in another state. There's a pretty nice parts car come with it, good sheet metal, etc.
  • Here's a look at her:
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

So, where is she going and when?