52´ Hornet screw question

I´m wondering if some of the screws on my 52´ Hornet have the correct style...on my Hornet they were used e.g. on the door sill plates (domed) or for the chrome facing on the rear (flat ones here). And what about the taillight housing? Does anyone have a picture of the correct screw style in these places?
Thank you so far, Marco

Comments

• Marco, Those are NOT the screws Hudson used when attaching the thresholds . They used a chrome plated truss head  sheet metal screw with a #2 phillips head recess. The ones you have are Robertson head screws.   Very popular in Canada ,not so much in the states.
  • Thank you...i thought so. Yes, phillips heads. I will change that! Any pictures?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator

The phillips screw would be an oval head type, and would look like this:

The screw may go directly into a "dimple" punched in the top of the scuff plate, providing a recessed cone shape for the oval head to fit into.

Or, Hudson might have provided a finish washer to fill the dimpled hole.  It would have been of the "flush" type, and would look like this:

Otherwise, it might have been of the "cup" type, would sit on top of the scuff plate, and would look like this:

Either way, the screw's oval head will fit into the recess in the washer.