parts wanted - for my 51 super custom six 2door

IvkoIvko Member
in HUDSON Posts: 13
hey all!

i´m looking for an trunk lid (including chrome trim, hinges and torsion) , all the glass and tail lights. would prefer used parts in good condition

thanks with best wishes from vienna (in austria/europe)
WhatsApp Image 2016-11-26 at 13.21.18 (2).jpeg
1288 x 972 - 160K

Comments

• LanceLance Member
    Ivko, I have some very nice tail lights complete for your car. Also a trunk emblem above the trunk locking mechanism. I also have some other items.  Email me at HEThornetllw@yahoo.com    Remove the HET when writing.   
  • jasejase Member
    Nice! I like seeing another Brougham. Mines a 50, also Super 6.
  • SuperDaveSuperDave Senior Contributor
    They sure are attractive. I think they are the best proportions. But I am biased. I started with a wrecked and cannibalized hulk.
    tudor left frontal 6272015.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 407K
    Hudson.JPG
    1280 x 960 - 118K

Live in the past.... it's cheaper.

49 Super six Brougham

49 Commodore Eight Convertible

Melbourne, Florida

• IvkoIvko Member
    thank you guys! Lance i´ve sent you an message :)
  • LanceLance Member
    Ivko., please send  your message again. I never received it.
  • Ken U-TxKen U-Tx Senior Contributor
    edited January 11 Posts: 3,188
    There are two '51 trunk lids here in Texas. one is for Hornet & Commodore, the other looks correct for a Pacemaker, but there may be some extra small holes for the chrome, that can be filled.  One is with my fellow NTXHET member Mark Huffman, and is $129, the other is in Houston TX and is $179. The lid weighs about 45 pounds, or 20 kilograms. Is 55" (140cm) wide 29 " (74cm) long and with the curve would be about12" (300cm) deep. Versand nach Österreich wird sehr teuer sein! I can shop around for the best shipping rate. Ich konnen auf deutsch schreiben wenn benötigt.

trunk1.JPG
    500 x 375 - 52K
    trunk2.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 636K
  • Ol racerOl racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    The side window is Flat glass and should be able to be cut from a cardboard pattern at a local Glass Shop. At least here in the States anyway. There are windshields new & used available.
  • KustomKreepsKustomKreeps Member
    cool. 
    What custom stuff are you doing to it?

Alex
    Anyone car restore a car. Takes a real man to cut it up.

49 Hudson
    52 Buick

49 Hudson Build thread
  • IvkoIvko Member
    Thanks again :) Its a wonderful forum! not like the hamb with mostly posers :)
    yes, i´ll let the flat glass reproduce/cut at at an shop.

lance i sent you the message via email, please check your spam folder.

ken: ich würde inen kompletten mit federn , schaniere und chrom bevorzugen. wäre es mühsam die versandkosten zu ermitteln?

here some pictures from before
    11218067_10204839283482875_7973329412276828871_o.jpg
    871 x 960 - 163K
    10648628_10202741169231330_518357032958680992_o.jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 247K
    10379978_10202295210962652_8125275995069998478_o.jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 212K
  • IvkoIvko Member
    i´ve still done an retoration and get it painted in candy blue (hok komic cobalt blue) then i hade a damge in the rear end

here you can see more pictures on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/HolyIvko/media_set?set=a.10202837026067691.1262587999&type=3
  • LanceLance Member
    Ivko, I have nothing showing. Please email me at hornetllw@yahoo.com

ken: ich würde inen kompletten mit federn , schaniere und chrom bevorzugen. wäre es mühsam die versandkosten zu ermitteln?

Ivko,
         Wenn man die Größe und das Gewicht kennt, bekommt man mit den verschiedenen Spediteur das Kostenvoranschlag. Moglicherweise luftfracht im kasten....

Also, die original Kofferraumdeckel, mit Chrom trimmen, Scharniere und Federn wurden beschädigt? Was zum Teufel passiert? Hat jemand einen Abrissball drauf fallen lassen?

• IvkoIvko Member
    danke, ist leider ein brandschaden :(
    hättest du die teile komplett?

• IvkoIvko Member
    lance, you´ve got mail :)

• LanceLance Member
    Ivko, Nein Ich habe keine Post. :(
  • IvkoIvko Member
    Lance, ich habs nochmal versucht an: hornetllw@yahoo.com schau bitte auch im spam-folder
    Yep Lance, look in your spam folder, Yahoo sends lots of legitimate messages to spam by mistake.
  • LanceLance Member
    Ken You are correct.  Yahoo spammed out Ivko :(   Luckily I have found them.  
  • IvkoIvko Member
    hi to all, i´m still looking for an complete trunk lid :(
    I have one from a51 Hornet, with the hinges, here in Florida, but shipping would be a pain!

49 Super six Brougham

Melbourne, Florida

• IvkoIvko Member
    do you think it will fit mine? the hornets have another tail / roofline.

Two door sedans and 4 door sedans use the same roof and deck lid. Coupe is different.

49 Super six Brougham

Melbourne, Florida

• LanceLance Member
    Dave is right. It will fit but you will have to do some work on making some new holes in the trunk and eliminating some others if you use a Hornet deck lid.
    I already pointed Ivko to two trunk lids in TX. Mark Huffman has one from a '51 sedan. There are some extra holes as it is from a Hornet or Commdore. The other one in Houston looks to be correct for a '51 Super Six sedan or Pacemaker sedan.
    Other suggestion is to contact the Swedes, and see if anyone in Svenska Hudson Klubben has a trunk lid they'd let go of..... There are sveral Hudsosn there, some might be parts cars or parts thereof.

• IvkoIvko Member
    thanks, super dave, may i get an picture @ ivko1@gmx.at ?

ken u-tx sorry but i need it complete with hinges and torsions. ore do you have them too?
    It would probably be easier to find the hinges and springs separately.
    Besides, you would want to take the hinges with the springs off of the trunk lid for easier shipping. In other words, a smaller shipping crate, with less risk of damage to the protruding hinges. Doesn't that sound logical?

edited January 27 Posts: 3,188
    Ивко, Мој пријатељ Scott Crowder каже да има све ове делове у Оклахома Цити, чекајући га да ми каже цену. Поздрав, Kenneth.