'52 Hood Ornament-relisted,problems on this listing

53hud54
53hud54 Member
edited March 2017 in Parts & Pieces
Hood ornament used on '52 5B,6B,8B,and '53 4C in excellent condition,perfect for unrestored car for sale,make offer

Comments

• It works Hudson Hornet 1952?
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    It will work .
  • vesaku,check your pm,sent message,but according to part number on ornament,it does not go to a Hornet.Lance are you saying it can replace with this one for a Hornet?
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    The front contour of the hoods from 48-53 are the same. If you wanted to put on a 49 Commodore hood ornament on a 53 Hornet you could do it if you so desired . The same is true here . This ornament is technically from a 52 Hudson but would work with other years of Hudsons if the owner so desired to change it. It would not be technically correct but it would work. 
  • Can you take some new pic this parts, side angle of view? Then i know possibility works in my car.
  • 53hud54
    53hud54 Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes,I'll post them tomorrow afternoon.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    The inverted 'v' on top was gold on the hornets, thats why (I suppose) 7B isn't listed.  Same piece, just all chrome on the other models.  Someone will likely correct me if I'm wrong.  The 'v' comes off by removing two screws on the underside.
  • I wondered that myself,I do have a couple gold V' that need replating.